Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Subaru version of Toyota's FT-86 sports car has been overshadowed for its entire pre-existence with the big T showing sexy concepts at international auto shows while Subie was left with displaying significantly less-sexy bits like the chassis and engine. That, however, will change at the LA Auto Show, where Subaru is tipped to reveal its rear-drive sports car, the BRZ, in all of its glorious sheetmetal.

But wait, no..... it won't be the production car, just a concept. And if the reports prove to be accurate it will be an over-the-top STI-inspired model.

As for the production car, we expect it to finally see the light of day, along with its Toyota sibling, at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show.

Like it's Scion FR-S sibling, the BRZ is expected to hit production with a direct-injection boxer 4-cylinder making around 200-hp.

Look for more info in the run-up to the 2011 LA Auto Show, which takes place November 16-17.
Read the full story at AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I love how this is going, first Subaru tells us the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show is when we'll see it and now we get to see it much sooner! November will be an amazing month. I have a feeling I will be loosing sleep a day before the unveiling and days after hahaha

Can't wait to see official Subaru BRZ concept pictures! All these renderings, drawings, and the glass concept is starting to get old

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure why so much automotive news blogs are deciding to use the above photo of the BRZ with a Subaru Legacy front end but if the BRZ will carry on any front end from an existing Subaru I strongly believe it will be from the Impreza since that will be the closest model to the BRZ, almost like it's 4 door brother.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Not sure why so much automotive news blogs are deciding to use the above photo of the BRZ with a Subaru Legacy front end but if the BRZ will carry on any front end from an existing Subaru I strongly believe it will be from the Impreza since that will be the closest model to the BRZ, almost like it's 4 door brother.

Its probably because some Subaru reps told them how the BRZ will end up looking like and that photo above turned out to be the closest thing to what the concept and/or production model will look like which turned out to be like that as you'll see in the following thread:

http://www.subarubrzforum.com/showthread.php/229-Subaru-BRZ-STi-Concept-pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts