Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Happy to be a new owner! Picked up a 2014 BRZ 6spd today. The car has 75k miles and I've found some conflicting answers / sources on what preventative servicing it may need around this mileage. The previous owner regularly changed the oil but i'm not sure what else was done. Any info is appreciated on what to do next!

·
Registered
2022 BRZ LTD/AT
11 Posts
I would look in the manual and do what is appropriate for that time and mileage interval. Check the engine air filter and the cabin air filter if you are uncertain about them. One item that lots of people don't think is a big deal is the brake fluid. At this age and mileage if the brake fluid has not already been changed, it is time. Use only what it says in the manual, but if DOT 4 is allowed and you are going to get the brakes hot by the type of driving you plan on, go with that. Don't get carried away with fancy brake fluid because it could have an adverse affect on how the automatic braking and stability control system works. If you are in a wet climate, sooner than later. One more thing that I just remembered: buy premium gasoline only at service stations that pump Top Tier fuel which is most, but many discount stations do not pump fuel that has the additives and detergents in the mix. There is not a whole lot of difference in cost, but your fuel injectors will love you for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts