Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting a WRX since 2002, but had just bought a Suzuki Esteem wagon in 2001( 5 & 7 yr old kids at the time). 300,000 km later it was
time to pass the car to my youngest(we will time share in winter). As soon as I heard about the BRZ a few yrs back, it's what I wanted.
So I got it. So far, 5 days 500km, no issues but I find the shifting to be .. clunky/noisy, seems to have decreased or I'm getting use to it.
Been shifting at 6k a few time, will visit 7k soon.

1 - The 'valet' thing with the trunk.... So I test the physical key & it opens the trunk .. good news.
So I push the little button, now I have to use the physical key & guess what, can't open trunk???
Back seat is up so I can't 'reset' it ... What I'm I missing here?

2 - My Samsung phone disconnects after a few mins, her iPhone is fine? Any comments?

·
Registered
32 Posts
First. Take it a little easy on the motor. Just my opinion.
Second. You can drop the rear seat from inside...push button, all is fine.
Third....Bluetooth on this car is touch and go.
I have to accept pairing every time with my Razr. And AHA starts up one out of three tries.
Hopefully one day we'll get an update.
Have fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks for the info MGPAX, but how does one drop the seat from the inside?
The only way I know, is by pulling the straps from inside the trunk.

·
Registered
106 Posts
MGPAX I believe you are mistaken. I just went out and checked.

When the seat back is released the two little buttons pop up and indicate this by exposing red coloring. When the seat back is locked the buttons drop into the seat back and can not be pressed further or pulled up to release the seat back.

The only way to release the seat back is from the trunk.

The physical key should work to open the trunk, since it is simply mechanical release at that point.

All the switch (little button) does is open the electronic circuit to the trunk solenoid, so the trunk can't be opened from the dash switch or key fob switch.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, I'm not strong enough!!!!!
Called dealership, could not figure it out on the phone, go to dealer... desk guy comes out, turns key... can't open.
Mechanic comes out, turns key ... it opens, he looks at us not very impressed...
So, not sure about others but it's much harder then turning the door lock.
Just too funny... but it was a nice day, more miles... closer to 1000k... what a fun car.

Tks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The trunk is under a lot a pressure when closed. if you close it lightly you'll see it stops a good couple inches from closed...so yea.. Push down when trying to unlock and it'll be easier I imagine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just exchanged my 2014 for a 2015... found out it was repainted when I bought it.

All good, exchanged cars. I find the transmision to be better on the 2015.
Subaru changed the rear suspension ??? I can't tell.
Exhaust looks much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts