Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
quick video of my project start

This is awesome and really looking to do something like this myself, but blew my factory engine and torn between building it or swapping. You can grab an EZ30 for next to nothing and would love to swap it. Just curious as to 1 are you using a factory manual transmission and 2 what are you doing for the electronics ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is awesome and really looking to do something like this myself, but blew my factory engine and torn between building it or swapping. You can grab an EZ30 for next to nothing and would love to swap it. Just curious as to 1 are you using a factory manual transmission and 2 what are you doing for the electronics ?
thanks :).. yes using factory transmission it fits just have to notch material of engine to fit starter since passenger side. electronics.. Im a megasquirt experts done a few other swaps with but looking at other options to keep DBW so ecumaster..halltech .. still investigating..

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks :).. yes using factory transmission it fits just have to notch material of engine to fit starter since passenger side. electronics.. Im a megasquirt experts done a few other swaps with but looking at other options to keep DBW so ecumaster..halltech .. still investigating..
Does the FA20 fly wheel bolt right up to the EZ30 crank or does it need to be modified ? Sorry for asking so many questions just trying to get a ball park figure on how much this swap will cost before I pull the trigger and get the motor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the FA20 fly wheel bolt right up to the EZ30 crank or does it need to be modified ? Sorry for asking so many questions just trying to get a ball park figure on how much this swap will cost before I pull the trigger and get the motor
no problem at all...bolts right up...using a brz oem flywheel and clutch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, decided to follow through with the swap. My motor finally came in and I’ve already got the trans out of my car to test fit before install. Attempted to test fit, and with no luck, the bellhousing seems to have roughly the same pattern but is slightly larger the the engine block. Could barely get it to line up with the trans studs on the bottom of the engine and when done i couldn’t get it to slide on. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man, decided to follow through with the swap. My motor finally came in and I’ve already got the trans out of my car to test fit before install. Attempted to test fit, and with no luck, the bellhousing seems to have roughly the same pattern but is slightly larger the the engine block. Could barely get it to line up with the trans studs on the bottom of the engine and when done i couldn’t get it to slide on. Any thoughts ?
the bottom bolts are not used... 5 out of 8 can strong enough.. just finished hardest part relocation of starter.. did clutch ..flywheel new oil pan..etc.. installed today more permanent state so I can move to wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So quick update Im going with Ecumaster Black ECU started wiring folks @ecumaster seem pretty supportive in helping me ..need to.send them the crank trigger log so they can add it to the list of support.
Laptop Computer Hood Product Personal computer

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Laptop Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates? Im looking into an AWD H6 manual build as a winter beast. In either a Legacy GT(love that leather), or an 08+ Impreza Hatchback, or possibly an 04 Forester. The dream? H6 with raptor headers, DCCD, a true winter road warrior.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts