Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I started on this forum in February 2012(as you can see). I was on it almost every day back then and couldn't wait for the car to come out.

Unfortunately, I stopped getting on and posting shortly after I ordered my car and took delivery of it. I thought I would get back on now and see how everything is going for all of my fellow drivers as well as share my own opinions.

On March 1, 2012 I walked into Sewell Subaru and pre-ordered my SWP Limited BRZ with the manual transmission. I took delivery on June 7 and immediately fell in love with the car. I am not ashamed to admit I did not know how to drive a manual previous to purchasing the BRZ but decided it was the only way I would get it. After two days of practicing in a subdivision, I started driving it everywhere and haven't stopped. The car is, in one word, astonishing. As someone who has driven A LOT of high end cars(test drive hobby of mine) I could not be happier with how it delivers. I enjoy driving it just as much as the Aston Martin Vantage S I drove or the 991 Porsche Carrera S. As awesome as those cars may be, I have the feeling of: Every time I get in my car, I am driving my dream car. There is nothing else I would rather be driving at this time in my life. From the awesome first 20mph slide I wasn't expecting, to all of the people I've gotten to talk to and meet this car is everything I can ask for out of a vehicle.

After a break in drive to Miami and back, a drive to Oklahoma to visit my sister, a drive to Houston for the auto show, and using it as my daily driver I am sitting at right over 34,000 miles. Now for the useful information...
The only issue I've had at all is condensation in the tail light which was replace at no cost(obviously) by the dealer. After 4 free and 2 paid, I decided to change my oil for the first time and am now running Amsoil 0w20. There is a 30k mile maintenance that I was told will be $680 and I have not had done yet. At the moment I do not recall what all is in that, so I will post more info on that tomorrow.

Here is a link to some pictures I just posted in the pictures section
http://www.subarubrzforum.com/14-su...-just-some-pictures-my-swp-brz.html#post71170

Those that took the time to read this, thank you. I am looking forward to all of the DIY's(seems to be a ton) and getting back into the swing of things on here.

Cheers!
Mason

·
Registered
241 Posts
Damn I thought I was puttin on a lot of miles with 12k in a year. You been driving the hell out your car. Good to see. Car is definitely meant to be a DD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts