Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, my name is Victor and I live in Mexico. I am about to buy a BRZ my dream car.
I drove yesterday the 2023 automatic BRZ and I loved it, awesome car!!! But kinda of expensive here, I can buy it but I would have to spend all my savings ( for a car) plus sell my Vstrom 650 bike. Yesterday surfing the web I found a 2020 BRZ with just 6200 miles in a really good price!! ( Around $10 K cheaper).
I know the engine of the 2020 version has less power and Torque...but wondering if its worth those extra bucks...or Just go for the 2020.
Any thoughts?!
Thank you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody, my name is Victor and I live in Mexico. I am about to buy a BRZ my dream car.
I drove yesterday the 2023 automatic BRZ and I loved it, awesome car!!! But kinda of expensive here, I can buy it but I would have to spend all my savings ( for a car) plus sell my Vstrom 650 bike. Yesterday surfing the web I found a 2020 BRZ with just 6200 miles in a really good price!! ( Around $10 K cheaper).
I know the engine of the 2020 version has less power and Torque...but wondering if its worth those extra bucks...or Just go for the 2020.
Any thoughts?!
Thank you.
Go for the new car and don't look back. The Gen 2 is better car. The resale value of the Gen 1 cars will sink when Gen 2 cars are more available.

· Registered
19 Posts
I had a 2013, then a 2017, and now a 2023! The 2023 just drives so much better. I agree, it will keep its value especially since the supply is low w the second generation versus the first gen.
I am only torn w two things on the new gen. First there is really no fin, it’s a very low ducktail design but could mod, second is the front plate design bracket built into the bumper- looks like shit but I got a small 2” plate to go over that. I do miss the fog light look of the first gen.
I do like the full safety features with the automatic in the second Gen.

If you ok w using savings, you won’t be disappointed w the 2023 plus your the only owner!!!!

· Registered
8 Posts
Any thoughts?!
Thank you.
No question -- buy the 2022 as it performs so much better. I had a 2013 and a 2020 BRZ ts (interior was much better); however, the 2022 BRZ Limited (WR Blue) handles like my S2000! Much more solid!

· Registered
22 BRZ Limited MT
7 Posts
I have to agree - go for the 2023. You might have to sacrifice a bit right now, but in the long run you'll be so glad you did. Maybe consider going with Premium trim to keep the cost lower and the MT (which will add to the driving fun.) And a big point of pride: It'll be YOUR BRZ from the get-go. Keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts