Subaru BRZ Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave54 
#1 ·
Hi, all!

I've actually been here for several weeks, throwing in the occasional random post. (Not a newb to forums. Just this one.)
Yesterday, I put down a deposit on a white, manual '13 Limited. Should pick it up tomorrow night.

Me? My name is Steve and I'm 56 years old. I do telecommunications at the power company.
I have been a car nut since before I was potty trained. Seriously.
My "other" toy is an '88 Pontiac Fiero with a Cadillac Deville/Allante V8 and a 5 speed. Has a very similar power-to-weight ratio to the BRZ, although it's a torque monster. It's won a show plaque or two. Nothing major, in the grand scheme of things.
I'll spare you, right now, but will post pics of both when I take delivery of the BRZ.

I enjoy doing most of my own mechanical work.
(My wife reminds me when I throw tools across the garage, "Remember, this is what you do for fun!" Sometimes I don't like her very much. :D )
It appears that there are a lot of DIY folks here. I hope I'll be able to learn a lot, and help a lot, too.

Peace.

Steve

See less See more
#4 ·
Hah! That's still the one unknown in this whole process. Insurance rates. (Not that they could be that bad.)
I guess it depends upon how many of these things have been parked in the woods at a high rate of speed. :D

Surprisingly, the insurance on my 2009 Challenger R/T was within a few dollars of the cost of the insurance on my Trailblazer. Didn't see that coming...

#9 ·
Hi Steve, got you beat on the age thing ... I'm 59 today believe it or not. Like you I enjoy working on cars and in the past motorcycles - it can be therapeutic including the tool slinging! Picking up a new BRZ Limited next Wed. and have looked at quite a few Youtube videos on BRZ maintenance - the one that floored me was changing the BRZ's plugs ... who knew - nothing like how straight forward it is as on my 1996 Civic. You have an interesting mix of cars now with the introduction of your BRZ.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.