Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my BRZ on Friday and I am wondering what sort of modifications everyone has made to the appearance of the car.

I already made an appointment for tints but I am not going to dark so the cops don't give me a problem.

The guy that is doing the tints also paints brake calipers and he does a great job but I can't decide what color to get. My car is WR Blue Pearl so I was thinking gold calipers because I LOVE the look of the old WRB STI's with the gold rims but my friends think red or yellow. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any pictures with their calipers paints?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just picked up my BRZ on Friday and I am wondering what sort of modifications everyone has made to the appearance of the car.

I already made an appointment for tints but I am not going to dark so the cops don't give me a problem.

The guy that is doing the tints also paints brake calipers and he does a great job but I can't decide what color to get. My car is WR Blue Pearl so I was thinking gold calipers because I LOVE the look of the old WRB STI's with the gold rims but my friends think red or yellow. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any pictures with their calipers paints?
I think it is the little things that help the car really pop. I wouldn't go gold with with calipers though... If anything do gold wheels with Blue calipers... Also, would replace most of the halogen bulbs with LED... like the:

Reverse lights
License plate lights
interior/trunk/vanity mirror lights
side markers
Fog lights (if you have any)
and turn signals...

also look up the 4th brake light/rear fog light kit from Phastek Performance. and consider maybe tinting the taillights (i dont like all the chrome) or maybe even consider getting aftermarket ones... but that can get expensive...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put some carbon fiber vinyl wrap on part of my spoiler. Looks pretty good, I think. It wasn't the easiest thing, but I'm not a professional.
View attachment 15058
View attachment 15066
Yeah that looks nice... Kinda similar to what they did with the one special edition... Not sure what they called... I personally was thinking about just replacing it... Seibon carbon makes a carbon fiber spoiler that is exactly like the stock one... I think the oem spoiler fits the car well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts
Opti coat and clear bra to protect the paint...:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found a ton of articles about these two items.. opti coat and clear bra. The costs of them and how they change the look of of your car long term. The abridged version is... unless you do the entire hood you will get chips just above the clear bra. The clear bra's can discolor and nick as well from rocks. The cost of having your car retouched at a professional paint shop was less than having a professional clear bra installed and still getting chips beyond it if you didn't have a full hood one put on. Opti clear was kind of neutral, some people love it others think there is no substitution for a great wax. I personally am not sure what I will do yet with my car as far as opti clear is concerned .. but I will not get a clear bra I will just wait a couple years and get a repaint if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts