Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning wake up and head to the car wash. "What the hell car is that? Wow, who makes that thing? All wheel drive right? No turbo? Are you sure?"

Then off to the diner and another crowd of people. "That car looks amazing. How much did it cost? That's it? What a great deal."

Finish the morning up at the farmers market. "Wow, how do you like that car? Is it fast? Is that a Toyota? Hey, can you pop the hood?"

I don't know about you guys but doing public relations for this car is turning into work, although I still love talking about the car with people I think I might be talking too much.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Gotcha. I usually, when at a stop light, for instance, stop only halfway up to any car in the other lane so I don't have respond to questions from other drivers. When I go to my favorite hardware store like Home Depot I wait until everyone walks past the BRZ before getting out (sometimes patience was compromised when I experienced some long discussion/gawking from several admirerers). When I wash the car in my driveway I do it very early in the morning and before all the early dog walkers are out. When I went to a recent beach party (in the evening) I get there at dark so I didn't have to answer all kinds of questions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live in city where this is rarely the case. Unless you drive a pimped out 300C or an old Monte Carlo that is jacked with 20's, then no one really pays attention to what others drive. In the three weeks I've owned the car, I've had one compliment at a local hardware store, and one at the local tech college I attend. But, I'd rather be inconspicuous and not draw unwanted attention.

At work however, I pretty much spent the first week "showing" the car to folks and got all the oooh's and aaah's out of the way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got a ton of attention in the first 2 months, but it seems to be wearing off a bit now that everyone's seen the BRZ/FR-S at least once. It's been really cool though, it's been a crazy amount of attention. And all ages too. I had an old man videotape the car when I stopped at a convenience store, and when school started back up in Sept., the little kids at the bus stop near my house would yell "Nice car! Nice car!" when I backed out of the driveway. :)

I also get unwanted attention. There seem to be an increasing number of douche bags on the road who assume that you want to race them because you drive a cool-looking car. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
879 Posts
Lol, I hate all the attention I get. I just want to be left alone.

So this morning wake up and head to the car wash. "What the hell car is that? Wow, who makes that thing? All wheel drive right? No turbo? Are you sure?"

Then off to the diner and another crowd of people. "That car looks amazing. How much did it cost? That's it? What a great deal."

Finish the morning up at the farmers market. "Wow, how do you like that car? Is it fast? Is that a Toyota? Hey, can you pop the hood?"

I don't know about you guys but doing public relations for this car is turning into work, although I still love talking about the car with people I think I might be talking too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts