Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it looks great too!! What do you think would look the best with black rims and dark tint, black on black, blue with black or white with black?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Awesome find. Does the Subaru website have anymore Subaru BRZ pictures? I can't seem to find these pic's on the site, post them here if you can.

I think it looks great too!! What do you think would look the best with black rims and dark tint, black on black, blue with black or white with black?
If it's a glossy black, white or blue would look good. A flat black will only look good with blue.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That color is actually dark grey according to the brochure handed out at the Detroit Auto Show.
Thanks for the input, Dark grey is the color I was wanting to get. However this is one hell of a dark grey, I totally thought it was black. Did it look any lighter in the brochure?

·
Registered
307 Posts
No it looked black in the picture. That's what I thought it was too. The dark grey is sharp. Check out the Impreza/WRX color choices on the Sub website. Those are the exact colors for the BRZ, except for blue/purple color that will be new.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it looked black in the picture. That's what I thought it was too. The dark grey is sharp. Check out the Impreza/WRX color choices on the Sub website. Those are the exact colors for the BRZ, except for blue/purple color that will be new.
I checked out the colors on the WRX, and the grey definitely looks a little lighter on that car. I had an 07 legacy gt in silver, and when I saw the spec-b in the dark grey I had wished I got the grey. I am hoping it will be the same shade as those old spec-b's, I like toned down cars that slip under the radar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I won't be able to get into one until around the 2015 model, which hopefully by then will have a little bit more added to the interior aspect. But I digress ... I will definitely be cruising the town in pearl white. Once money allows, I will be throwing up some gun metal wheels. :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Black is my color of choice for the BRZ. When detailed and clean I think Black is one of the nicest paint choices.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is the same picture on Subaru.com in the gallery section of the BRZ. In there, it's labeled as Crystal Black Silica, not Dark Grey Metallic.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Black is my color of choice for the BRZ. When detailed and clean I think Black is one of the nicest paint choices.
Black MIGHT be my color of choice for the BRZ because for the same reason you like black but it might also not be the ideal choice cause of how hard it is to keep a black car looking good.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I don't find it hard at all. Same way you maintain any dark colored car including red and blue. Detail every year. Touchless car wash for the lazy at least twice a week. Just get those car wash passes at the gas station. Whenever you get gas and have some time. Wash it. It's also good underkneath to spray the bottom often. It gets the dirt and salt away and prevents rust. The bottom of all my cars are immaculate.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't find it hard at all. Same way you maintain any dark colored car including red and blue. Detail every year. Touchless car wash for the lazy at least twice a week. Just get those car wash passes at the gas station. Whenever you get gas and have some time. Wash it. It's also good underkneath to spray the bottom often. It gets the dirt and salt away and prevents rust. The bottom of all my cars are immaculate.
Touchless car wash at least twice a week?? Up here the basic touchless car wash is around $9 with the best being around $12. That would be quite a bit of money...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Touchless car wash at least twice a week?? Up here the basic touchless car wash is around $9 with the best being around $12. That would be quite a bit of money...
There are sometimes summer deals. All you can wash all summer for a certain price. Usually comes to 2$ a wash if you go everyday. Plus you can pass the card around to family members. Thats what I had last year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts