Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently leased a 2015 BRZ Blue Series. It has summer tires on it now and I'm looking to get some all season tires (not studed winter tires). Any one have an opinion on the best ones for the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the Washington DC area. We have not had snow yet for the winter but conditions could be anywhere from light snow to heavy snow and ice. The spring will definitely have lots of rain.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Agree with tire rack. Michelin Pilot A/S 3 is currently the best all season tire out there for summer grip. They will outperform the stock Primacy by a considerable margin and still work in mild winter conditions. They are not an ice tire nor a deep snow tire but they grip on the cold and wet roads.

Warning: no all season tire is any good on ice. The only choice is Nokian WR if you expect any usable grip on ice with an all weather tire. For ice, especially near freezing temperatures only studless winter tires will work.

I use Pilot A/S 3 as my summer tire. I traded the nearly new Primacy to my friendly tire shop.

If I were you I'd decide how much winter tire you need. If you don't need much then just throw away the Primacy and run the Pilot A/S 3 year round.

I use Pirelli Sottozero II winter tires and even those are inadequate to provide stable winter handling. Making the decision again I'd buy Continental ExtremeContact, Nokian R or Michelin X Ice studless rubber for severe winter conditions.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think All Seasons Tire is a good choice for our cars... Especially if you are in an area that can range to heavy snow and ice, I'd get a set of dedicated winters. Our cars are way too light and between life & death or shelling a couple hundred bucks to get a good set of tires, I'd shell out any day.

Currently I'm running a set of Blizzak's LM32s for my winters.

·
Registered
483 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=145VR7CP7ASPXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Subaru&autoYear=2015&autoModel=BRZ&autoModClar=Limited&tab=Survey Has anyone tried the Pirelli Cinturato p7 all season+? They are rated better than the Michelin A/S 3 on tire rack and seem to perform admirably in snow and ice conditions. I am strongly considering purchasing these but would appreciate any feed back.
How about this report:

2014 All Season Tyre Test - TyreReviews

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't be fooled by the different model tires.

Both the Pirelli and Michelin all season tires in tis review are grand touring all seasons. The Michelin Pilot A/S3 is in a totally different class.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree with tire rack. Michelin Pilot A/S 3 is currently the best all season tire out there for summer grip. They will outperform the stock Primacy by a considerable margin and still work in mild winter conditions. They are not an ice tire nor a deep snow tire but they grip on the cold and wet roads.

Warning: no all season tire is any good on ice. The only choice is Nokian WR if you expect any usable grip on ice with an all weather tire. For ice, especially near freezing temperatures only studless winter tires will work.

I use Pilot A/S 3 as my summer tire. I traded the nearly new Primacy to my friendly tire shop.

If I were you I'd decide how much winter tire you need. If you don't need much then just throw away the Primacy and run the Pilot A/S 3 year round.

I use Pirelli Sottozero II winter tires and even those are inadequate to provide stable winter handling. Making the decision again I'd buy Continental ExtremeContact, Nokian R or Michelin X Ice studless rubber for severe winter conditions.
I like the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Has anyone heard of the Federal 595EVO? I had a dealer, Action Gator Tire | Locations in Florida | Tires & Auto Repair, talk to me about these but I wanted to find out in the real world if these are any good. The Michelin's are just so expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts