Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm biased... Black is classy... The Red reminds me of girly lipstick.
Of course you're biased ... you have a considerable investment in a black car ... as do I.
I've had mine professionally color corrected and the color POPS with flares of different colors off the silica flakes in the paint.

I wouldn't call the red girly, but "arrest me red" sports cars attracted more than their share of traffic cops to my enthusiastic driving style "back in the day".
If the red had some metallic or silica flakes to brighten the finish I might have made that choice anyway. I love the red on my current Mazda3.
The BRZ red reminds me of an old-school red Triumph TR4 I had during the early 70s; nice for the time but lacking when compared to modern reds on other cars.

Of course opinions are as varied as individuals and owners so YMMV.

Reactions: nightsmoke

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with Cool BreeZe on the red. I don't like the DGM - too dark but it is metallic. I have never liked white but, with all-black wheels, white is sweet on a BRZ. The GBS is kinda blah. WRB is awesome. The silver works. Black is cool if you keep it clean and polished.

Make up your mind, buy one and start driving already! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
A friend on another forum says that "Black isn't a color; it's a responsibility".
I agree wholeheartedly. My Crystal Black Silica BRZ is the third black car I've owned.
I keep a California Car Duster along with detail spray and microfiber towels in the trunk.
All are used multiple times daily and before the car is covered at night.
The reward on my color corrected and cQuartz-treated car [think OptiCoat] is dazzling paint that draws many admiring comments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a 2014 BRZ. I chose red. I figure if you are going to get a car with some personality (i.e. a sports car) you should make sure the color has some personality too. IMO the white, black, and silver were all sort of dull non-colors. Blue normally has some possibilities, but this particular shade of blue was a little "too blue" - sort of a gumball blue or maybe Superman blue. So that left the red. I would have preferred a somewhat darker shade of red, but this one is growing on me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
World Ralley Blue - its a great looking color and unique to the BRZ
Satin White Pearl - good clean, classy color that really works on the BRZ (whites don't show dirty as much as most other colors and stay looking good for a lot longer)
Dark Gray Metallic - not my cup of tea, everyone I have seen in person looks kinda navy blue, but it has good depth and if thats your thing go for it
Lightning Red - one of the worst modern reds I have seen, it really would benefit from some metallic flake or just a deeper shade of red.
Crystal Black Silica - classic black, looks good on the BRZ
Sterling Silver Metallic - its silver and pretty boring, its not really anything special and pretty basic looking, not a big fan of it

Those are all just my opinion and I am sure some will disagree, good luck with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
315 Posts
World Ralley Blue - its a great looking color and unique to the BRZ
Satin White Pearl - good clean, classy color that really works on the BRZ (whites don't show dirty as much as most other colors and stay looking good for a lot longer)
Dark Gray Metallic - not my cup of tea, everyone I have seen in person looks kinda navy blue, but it has good depth and if thats your thing go for it
Lightning Red - one of the worst modern reds I have seen, it really would benefit from some metallic flake or just a deeper shade of red.
Crystal Black Silica - classic black, looks good on the BRZ
Sterling Silver Metallic - its silver and pretty boring, its not really anything special and pretty basic looking, not a big fan of it

Those are all just my opinion and I am sure some will disagree, good luck with what ever you choose.
You've pretty much nailed my color opinions, though I "kind of like" the DGM.
To each their own ... different colors exist because we each have our own preferences.
The important thing is to choose a color that we like since we're making a good-sized investment we'll have to live with for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts