Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an old ( 70 year old ) diehard Chevy Camaro owner, i have owned 14 new Camaro ,Z28's,SS, cars . I just sold my 2014 SS modified 1Le with some bolt on mods 1 7/8 SS LONG TUBE headers, CAT DELITE MBRP 3 inch exhaust CIA AIR BOX AND APEX RAM AIR SCOOP and a tune .It got 1 G and on the skid pad and made a 11.8 1/4 mile pass 468 RWHP. IT WAS A REAL HOOT TO DRIVE. Replacing it with a 2022 SS 1 LE is $50k . I decided that i wanted something different cheaper and less costly to insure This time around. So other than the raw power/acceleration ,will i be disappointed in a BRZ . I have driven and worked on a friends 2012 ,it seamed to Handel pretty good ,but the power was disappointing . 3 questions , Will they put the WRX turbo engine in the BRZ in 2022 ? Will they discount the BRZ or sell it at MSRP or an ADM ? And lastly What dealers is the best and cheapest in Arizona ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No turbo in 2022, but a new 2.4 liter Boxer engine rated at 228 hp. According to Subaru's carline planning manager Micheal Reddick, adding a turbocharger would move the engine profile higher, interfering with the car's low center of gravity, and also forcing a re-design of the hood. A higher hood would mean the driver's seat would need to move higher (visibility) along with the roof line. The low COG was a primary concern in the 2022 design. The new engine's 14% bump in horsepower and 15% increase in torque apparently was the happy medium for Subaru. Those lucky folks who've had a chance to test drive it say that the so-called torque dip in the previous generation BRZs is now a non issue in the new version. I just ordered a Limited for MSRP and delivery in November. I have heard that some delaers are selling above MSRP, so obviously avoid those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boxer 6th…..

Interesting response. I myself a supercharger kind of guy for my 2019. Do you have a recommendations on brands. Seems to be about 4-5 main players In the supercharger arena.[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts