Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if anyone had done this yet, but what do you think about plasti dipping the "BRZ" letters black? My BRZ is Silver, cant decide if it would look good or not....comments?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think it would look pretty decent. IMO though, I like what some people are doing and removing them completely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had mine debadged by the dealer I bought it from, definintely love the sleek look. On the topic of plasti-dipping to just keeping it original however I have to admit I don't really see the purpose of plasti-dip, I'll explain more though. I understand it's fun to change the color and it gives that really matte look, but with a car like this that just looks so nice and refined atleast imo in comparison to the FRS, (the front bumper and interior make a difference haha) If I was to change the badge on the back in a way other than de-badging I'd try getting it in a metallic gunmetal or very dark almost black grey, even if it was getting new letters machined I just feel like a matte plasti-dipped looking lettering on the back would be like smudging a really great piece of art. Then again I'm someone who hasn't modified the look other than debadging it so I might not be the best advisor....in time this will change hopefully.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hear you can debadge the rear with no problem but the front is not so easy. I would consider plastidipping the front badge. The blue emblem doesn't match too well with most colours on the BRZ.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I stay with the original chrome look. Why? The black will be out-of -date by the time you sell the car. Simile: The black lettering and too-loud exhaust. The attention is not needed, at least for me, since I already have an exclusive car.

"De-badging" is just the opposite. I, for one, don't mind people recognizing what car I have, nor do I need the extra attention (with black).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts