Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the borla exhaust on their car. I have only heard a few videos, but would like to hear some reviews of it. I also plan on putting a front and over pipe on as well. I appreciate any advice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the sound and from the videos I heard there is not much else I like, but then again videos are not reliable either. I don't know anyone else around me tht has a brz with exhaust so that does not help either

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I have to suggest the Perrin headerback. It's the exhaust I have on my car and it sounds awesome, fits perfect and is very high quality. Alternatively, look at Nameless.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought people would say.from what I hear it sounds good while idling but at high revs I don't like what I hear, but once again I haven't been able to find a good quality video yet

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I did a track day with the car last weekend and heard it against close metal walls. It sounds great, IMO. I can't wait to add the header to the package for even more cool sounds. Unfortunately, I didn't have video capability for the track day or I'd post it up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes headers will throw a cel. Same reason I have not done it. I have the N1 and it sounds good in my opinion. Ive heard others say it sounds a bit ricey for their taste. I think it has a nice mid range down low tone that opens up a bit up high. Little to no drone at all up to about 70-75mph. The people that said it had a ricey tone also had the front pipe with it where im just catback. Its possible that they had gone with the straight front pipe with no resonator. I personally when I do the front pipe will go with the resonated version. Here is a link of a video of my exhaust idle to low to mid revs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts