Subaru BRZ Forum banner
10K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Filibig89 
#1 · (Edited)
whats up guys,

This is my first time buying and installing parts for my car or should i say my baby!(cause i don't know what it is about subies or just the brz in generally but i'm in love with my car for the first time) so sorry if i'm asking a very noob question but i wanted to know if it was possible to have the borla uel headers with a turbo. I don't exactly know what allthe components are that get replaced for a turbo and is the header one of them? because im in love with the exhaust note of those headers and I have to have to like really have to have those headers! but i also plan on getting a turbo kit later down the line so i wanted to know if i can keep it or i'm just spending extra money for no reason if its going to be useless with the turbo later. Also i saw a company by STS i believe that has a turbo from the rear if i am not mistaken maybe that can help solve my issue. i would really love it if you guys can deal with my lack of knowledge and probably stupid question and help me out here and answer me. Oh and i also forgot to mention can i add a cold air intake or will that also get replaced with the turbo? because id like to pick up the Perrin one.

Thank you

#3 ·
Thanks man I appreciate The help. Saves me 2k knowing this. Parts aren't cheap. reasonable but not cheap. Also I'm between the perrin 3 and the greddy evo 3 for the exhaust but leaning more towards the greddy evo 3. Looks like it's a bit deeper and fuller sound wise. Not really a supercharger fan Dosent sound as nice or exciting as a turbo but would that work with the headers and intake? Or does the super charger also replace those?

#4 ·
Yeah me too my first major mod for mine was the exhaust and was looking at 3 different brands. Perrin, Greddy Evo 3 and Nameless Performance. Took me a month to decide which one to go with and I ended up choosing nameless performance. My only mistake was getting the 2.5 instead of 3 lol either way I still love it. Im still deciding on whether to stay N/A or boost. Back to the topic if you ended up going with supercharger you dont have to replace the headers or intake you can use the aftermarket. And yeah Im not a fan of superchargers either haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Ahh damn... It's cause the turbos at least require a 3 right? But how is the nameless quality and sound? Was it good or did it have that annoying like thin can nose blended in with it? Cause I'm trying to avoid that I think the name for it is droning? Still learning the terms for everything. But that's cool man we pretty much agree and have the same ideas for our cars. Cause I might just stay n/a also so keep me posted with your build or what ever you decide. I'm intrested. Thanks for the supercharger info also now I have another option to think about even thought I'm not gonna love it but what ever it takes to get the exhaust note I want with the headers and exhaust. I'm also gonna get the catted invidia front pipe to go with the borla header and evo exhaust.

#6 ·
I bought the package exhaust which comes with the axelback and highflow cat which replaces the overpipe. When you buy it you have the option to pick what size muffler there is 4inch 5inch and no muffler at all lol and of course i chose the muffler delete LOL i like to wake up my neighbors in the morning hahah i mean its only loud during cold starts but after that its quite but then when you rev it up it just sounds phenomenal ! And if ever I stay N/A I want mine to be all nameless parts and they just recently released their headers and soon the midpipe. And mine does drone a little but in certain rpm when cruising like around 3100 to 3600 i believe is quite

#13 ·
I prefer an aggressive sound on my exhaust. The boxer is only 2.0l and 4 cyl, so it's never going to be a traditional low octave muscle car tone. Flowmaster is a great system at a lower cost that all the other names. I couldn't justify $1k plus on an exhaust. There are some YouTube vids and a thread here that gives and audio illustration. I really enjoy the sound even at low RPMs. But again I'm bias. There is a downside, with having a torque dip mid range the exhaust takes on a "ricer" sound but quickly picks up with the change in acceleration. I think that once this car puts 250 whp it'll be an even better investment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.