Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I searched and found an answer that kind of answered what I was looking for. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues using the messaging system and their iPhone 4s. When I have the phone connected through bt and I hit messages it says its downloading, sometimes, but I have never gotten a single message or seen the messaging system. My next step is to take the vehicle to the dealership and see if they can help but...anyone having the same issue? Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some phones don't have the capability to sync messages to the nav system. Your phone has to have MAP (message access profile) capabilities to share/sync your messages through bluetooth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So why does it even start the process then sometimes as though it may have the capabilities and how can I check if it does? Does the iPhone 5 have it? I may have to upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure. I've got an android phone and it would say something like "downloading messages" when I would hit the retrieve messages button, but it would never actually do anything. Then I started doing some research and found out that my phone didn't have MAP capability and thats why it wasn't working. You'll have to look up the specifications of your phone to see if you have MAP.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S and I can get messages fine. You need to make sure that on the phone bt settings, show notifications is set to on. Once I made that change the nav unit started getting the messages. I am running the lates iOS(6.1.3) I would hold off on moving to the iPhone 5, I have heard that some are having issues with that device.

I will add that last week I has an issue with the nav system not auto transfering my texts but I solved that by removing the device from the phone and re-adding it.

Reactions: kuhlka

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine to work today.

Settings
Bluetooth
The > next to CAR MULTIMEDIA
Show Notifications = ON

I was then able to get new messages

No go to reply. Will still need to use Siri for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone. I downloaded the update for my phone and checked the BT settings and today I was able to hear my first text message :) I was unable to send one back though. hmmmmm Yes I see what you mean no sending texts vis phone. I wonder why we cannot do that?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thank you everyone. I downloaded the update for my phone and checked the BT settings and today I was able to hear my first text message :) I was unable to send one back though. hmmmmm Yes I see what you mean no sending texts vis phone. I wonder why we cannot do that?
Unless you can voice to txt on your phone it is pretty easy to see why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I can see why but I find it ironic that some of the texts already in the system are "I'll call you later I'm driving." For obvious reasons you sould use Siri for this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts