Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently switching back and forth between an iPod and a USB drive. I created a 15gb playlist from iTunes and mad sure all files were converted to mp3 format. Every time I start the car, the audio system will resume the last selection I was playing and then goes back to the same beginning song and I have to scroll forward to get past the last place I was at. There are settings for shuffle songs, but it shuffles across whatever folders you have set up on the USB drive. I have rock, jazz and classical folders and I would like to stay in the folder and shuffle songs within the folder, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. With my iPod, I can access a playlist, but when I want to shuffles songs, the unit shuffles songs from the entire library of 17,000 songs and not just the playlist I created for use in the BRZ. I know I can always plug it into the auxiliary input and use it without the head unit controls, but I would like to exhaust the possibilities of using the audio system how it should have been designed before resorting to a work around.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Have you tried having your ipod playing the playlist and shuffling and THEN connecting it to the Unit?

I had a problem in which I would have to press shuffle on the Unit every single time I used the car. This was resolved by actually pressing shuffle on the ipod. Once I did that, it is on shuffle all the time. Try that, I haven't had time to create a playlist but I will eventually do it. Will let you know if I try it before you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Depending on your iPod, the usb interface doesn't work all the time; and it's not just the Nav unit, it's the same for any non-nav subaru usb interface. The built-in control of the iPod is a lot more intuitive than the Nav controls. You might just be better off going to plan B as you mentioned and just use the aux or even the bluetooth connection so you can use the iPod's internal control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will try starting out with iPod in shuffle mode. I discovered that once I enter a folder and press the first song, it then stays in that folder and shuffles, but I have to do it every time I start the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just bought a 2016 BRZ. I have the starlink system. I do miss the apple car play, but Starlink is not underpowered? Do I need to upgrade to aftermarket stereo for better sound and features?Would speakers upgrade be worth it?
i ordered kicker component speakers for front and dash. Any other recommendations regarding audio on the Brz?
Thanks for any advice for a newbie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
worth upgrading stock speakers on limited 2016 Brz? or just stereo is enough for good audio?
please let me know. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts