1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
43 Posts
hahaha lol i see it! yea they are similar, if anything BRZ's version of it is sooo much better!!

and yay for the LED's daytime running light on our BRZ

·
Registered
614 Posts
you make a good point - but everyone copies everyone. Imitation is the best form of humility or whatever that saying is. Not humility but admiration? Something like that, anyway you make a good point. Oh well. Real question is why were you looking at Kia's? haha just kidding

·
Registered
85 Posts
you make a good point - but everyone copies everyone. Imitation is the best form of humility or whatever that saying is. Not humility but admiration? Something like that, anyway you make a good point. Oh well. Real question is why were you looking at Kia's? haha just kidding
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks like Kia copied the new Volkswagen taillights so its an even trade!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
at this stage in the automotive industry it's hard to come up with a totally one off design, i doubt subaru stole design ideas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hopefully I didn't make BRZ downgraded for anybody.

btw...... i saw a Blue BRZ on a street driving around El Segundo / Torrance area a couple weekends ago.
It looked AWESOME !!!! It wasn't FR-S cuz I saw the BRZ daylight headlights. (It wasn't Kia Cadenza)
My friend who works at Toyota had already test drove FR-S.
I look forward to BRZ. Has anyone seen one on a street in the US?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems like every manufacturer is "copying" every other manufacturer in small ways. With lights its negligible, you could even say its coincidence. The kia's rear lights look like the new jetta's for example.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you look hard enough at just about any newer car you could probably find something similar to another companies car. Take me wife's new Prius for example, the steering wheel in that thing is almost identical to the wheels in the new hyundaies. These headlights look really similar, but it doesn't bother me at all, it happens all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
doesnt matter...Subaru came up with it first... yeah..how long has this car been under research and production? yeah ... hell of a lot longer than some stupid Kia... and plus..it looks so much better on the BRZ

·
Registered
276 Posts
It won't be the first time Kia and Subaru have had similarities.. does anyone remember the Kia Rio STi clone?

This one was something that someone modified to resemble an STi, but there was one that was from the factory with dual center exhaust, faux scoop, real wing, etc...

·
Registered
272 Posts
It won't be the first time Kia and Subaru have had similarities.. does anyone remember the Kia Rio STi clone?

This one was something that someone modified to resemble an STi, but there was one that was from the factory with dual center exhaust, faux scoop, real wing, etc...
LOL that really does look like a Mini STi, sad.
I bet it's all show and no go, how can anyone in the right mind spend anything more on a Kia, especially that Kia model.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hyundai as copied a ton of what everyone else does.. plus those do look kind of slimiar.. but i wouldn't consider it as anything big on imitations... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Kia Cadenza looks pretty good in this picture. I wanna get both Cadenza and BRZ.
And, it would be cool to park two cars next to each other at home.:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts