Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the August track pack came out which includes the Scion FRS along with some other fun cars.

I'm happy to report that with a steering wheel it feels almost uncanny how similar it is to the real car. With a sharp turn in on the corner, all four wheels slide a bit until it becomes compliant with the rear swinging around. Smooth turns have a little rear slide but it is easily pulled in with a counter steer just like the real thing. Watching the telemetry around the track the HP, Torque, Shifting and RPM matches up with what I've seen from dyno results too. While I plan on tuning one up in the garage, I'm also going to leave one stock so that I can experiment with it.

In addition the interior is spot-on right down to the tach, speedo, and other features. I do wish it was the BRZ but the cars are close enough :)

Anyway, it IS just a game/simulator but I thought others might be interested in knowing that at least to this driver it is spot-on.

You can see some pics here: Forza 4 FRS Pics - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

R

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got to mess around with it today for an hour. I only used the controller to drift haha. I will be using the steering wheel this weekend to see what you are referring to. Just wish that I could drift with the wheel but it seems almost impossible haha.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Will be downloading it tonight, finally I can mod my BRZ without worrying about blowing up the engine! BTW my screename is my XBL gamertag, make sense now?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ran a few laps and it was fun, Just need to rebadge it to a BRZ. Upgrade it to C class 425 and it is a good challenge. At R3, the max you can get it to, it is silly fun but needs heavy tuneing to be manageable. Lots of downforce, 40 psi in the tires, stretch out the top speed past 230mph, and tweak the suspension to your liking. Tuneing the car is going to take alot of work to get it dialed in.
Max I would run it would be S class and again it would need alot of tuneing to make it competitive ( unless you're playing on easy).

·
Registered
326 Posts
can you share your gaming console setup? like steering wheel brand, PS3 or Xbox, screen monitor, racing seat? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found it interesting that the 0-60 was 6.5 sec which is pretty kol, cant wait to mod it out in the game and see improvement in power :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Lots of Forza videos on youtube. Some guy made a Lexus IS-F powered GT86 in the game? You can do that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
can you share your gaming console setup? like steering wheel brand, PS3 or Xbox, screen monitor, racing seat? :)
Gamertag: TheUberMonkey
System etc...
Xbox, controller (dog ate steering wheel), samsung 60" smart LED tv, couch.

Lots of Forza videos on youtube. Some guy made a Lexus IS-F powered GT86 in the game? You can do that?
The game has allot of customization options, sometimes too many. I hate tuning because frankly, I suck at it and that's ok. You can actually buy setups for the cars that are made by people who know their tuning and even buy designs and graphics for the car. I love the physics and graphics engine as well as the sound which is mostly spot on. The FR-S does sit a little higher than it does in real life but they nailed the engine sound, handling, and performance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gamertag: RocksterXrX

Setup: x360, 55" TV, Microsoft speed wheel (best $50ish low entry wheel-thing ever).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts