Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried either of these? If you have, could you reply with your thoughts, pictures, videos, etc.?
I would like to mod my side markers to blink but I'm unsure of which one to get. I've found two so far.

A set by Avest:

BRZ Specialty Parts Online Shop - Auto-Style USA - Japan Car Parts JDM Parts

Another set by IJDMtoy:

Scion FR-S Subaru BRZ Clear/Smoked LED Side Marker Lights

It sounds like these are more difficult to install as there doesn't seem to the be the greatest instructions. Also one report of them leaking.

If anyone knows of any other ones that are better, I'd love to know!

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAM03066.jpg

I went with the IJDMtoy clear side markers. Overall I'm very happy with the results. I hooked them up to blink too which I love. It was a little bit of a pain, but I'm glad with the result, though I feel a little like the front facing led strip tries to compete with the awesomeness of the accent LEDs in the headlights. If anyone has any questions about any of it (like I did), just let me know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed and not long after noticed one side had a little condensation. Hoping it wouldn't be an issue and just dry out, I left it for a while. Now it's half filled with water and burned out half of the white strip.
I thought, ok, the other side is fine, again maybe just a hit or miss batch.

Contacted iJDMTOY and spoke with the owner. Completely unhelpful customer service and he offered to sell me another one. Oh brother. I'm not going to waste more money on another faulty product.

Complete waste of money DO NOT BUY!

I was considering doing more business with iJDMTOY but will not after my experience with them.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts