Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
page 8
cup holders - are these for the front or rear passengers? (answer is on page 256..they slide!)
power outlet in glove box - interesting

page 10-11
do not see wheel controls for radio or cruise (like other Subaru models)...crud :(

page 13 / 201
manual headlight leveling...cool:cool:

page 16
event data recorder...Big Brother...WTF?

page 23
keyless entry options...very nice!

page 66
the mirror adjustment is pretty slick rather than just a single ball pivot

page 68
I did not realize it had power folding mirrors

page 74
93 octane...everyone guessed it

page 155
in case you wanted to take a nap in those tight seats...WTF #2

page 178
reverse collar ring...good to know

page 196
adjustable rev indicator...sweet option

page 216
for those thinking of tracking their BRZ..."excessive steering may compromise your handling"

page 253
bottle holders in door - very nice (use them frequently on my Outback and Forester)

pages 335-347
directional bulbs look easy (I'm going with Chrome plated amber's to avoid the egg-yolk look) but lamps are a PITA like the new Outback (pull wheel liners and plastic rivets)

page 484
13.2 gallons (not bad) and 5.5 qts. oil (not too bad)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just my $0.02

Page 10-11 You don't want steering wheel mounted audio/whatever controls. They are a pain in the ass when you're actually driving the car hard. I replaced the wheel on my car to get rid of all that.

Page 16 An event data recorder may save your bacon in an accident investigation.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Page 10-11 You don't want steering wheel mounted audio/whatever controls. They are a pain in the ass when you're actually driving the car hard. I replaced the wheel on my car to get rid of all that.

Page 16 An event data recorder may save your bacon in an accident investigation.
It would be nice if there was a function to disable steering controls, too bad auto engineers still suck at utilizing the technology already available in front of them. Event data recorder could be a blessing and a burden if 50 start mandating it in court cases.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at the specs section in the owner's manual, I didn't see any reference to synthetic oil. Did I miss something? I thought Subaru was moving in this direction on all of their models (WRX, Forester, Impreza). Does anybody find this strange?

·
Registered
52 Posts
"page 74
93 octane...everyone guessed it"

But it does say 91 octane can be substituted without affecting engine durability or drive-ability.

For those days when you are $5 short of a fill up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking at the specs section in the owner's manual, I didn't see any reference to synthetic oil. Did I miss something? I thought Subaru was moving in this direction on all of their models (WRX, Forester, Impreza). Does anybody find this strange?
Mobil 1 makes a 0W-20 good for 15,000 miles. One oil change a year with filter on top!

·
Registered
103 Posts
**** steering wheel controls, this isn't a luxury car.
Not that it'd bother me much without the steering wheel controls, but a lot of base level cars have those too. Still gonna love this car regardless =D

I'm impressed that so many of you already went through hundreds of pgs of the manual...

·
Registered
276 Posts
why doesn't the manual go into detail about lights? I wanna know if the halo light around the headlights are driving lights or something else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone else notice that it shows two different wheel/tire sizes? (Section 6, pg 418)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Interesting. 91 is the highest in some gas stations around here. Then its 94. Gas prices ftl
"page 74
93 octane...everyone guessed it"

But it does say 91 octane can be substituted without affecting engine durability or drive-ability.

For those days when you are $5 short of a fill up.

·
Registered
193 Posts

?!? huh? this is not a race car. How are wheel mounted buttons in the way? And IF you are at the track...you wouldn't have the radio or cruise or whatever on anyway...they need to get with the 21st century and provide the basic amenities that virtually every other car manufacturer does...
Steering wheel mounted controls allow you to keep your eyes on the road when you're doing what probably 95% of buyers will be doing which is going back and forth to work or getting groceries or whatever else you do with a normal car...like this one.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I dont care for steering wheel mounted controls. If they are there. Great. If not. Great.

Not going to lie I'm an aftermarket steering wheel guy. Might be getting rid of the stock wheel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts