Subaru BRZ Forum banner
7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  kansasken 
#1 ·
So today I called the Subaru dealer of West Palm Beach (because the Pompano Beach dealer knows nothing about it!) to see if they had a model to take a look at and the guy told me that they had one a few days ago but the good news is that there was only one preorder made and that they where getting 3 or 4 BRZ whenever the car was going to be shipped. So I guess I still have a chance to get one plus there are quite a few other dealers in South FL. The other good new is that he told me that the price was going to be released tomorrow. He seemed like he new what he was talking so hopefully tomorrow we'll know what the Subbie will cost. Is there anybody here from South FL that made that order?

#6 ·
ahhh so you are the one! It's nice to see some BRZ owners in the area. I will probably order one there.

Sportsguy: thats the one I'm talking about, it's only a couple miles away from my house, I went there a few weeks ago and talked to a guy that knew that the car existed but that's about it. He also told me that they had one sold and he showed me a brochure of the car but I knew more than him about the car. I don't remember his name, but I do remember his face because he was missing a few "chewers" .... Today I also called the one in Miami and they had absolutely no clue what the BRZ was, called the one in Pembroke Pines and it was pretty decent, she took my number and e-mail to let me know when the car was going to be there again for show since they had it last week, she said that it was going to be there again around April 1. After I see it I will decide wether to make the order or not. I will most likely order one but I have to see it in person before giving $1000 for deposit.

#5 ·
I pre-ordered at Subaru of North Broward (I believe that's the Pompano Beach one). I think on that dealer it depends on who you talk to. The guy who did my pre-order is named Andre. Very nice guy, straight forward. I had to drive up from Kendall because the Miami dealer, nor the Pembrooke Pines, nor Lehman Subaru knew anything!

Hopefully they do have it tomorrow.

#7 · (Edited)
I think I know what guy you say LOL. I had the same runaround as you had. At every dealer you go the salesmen know way less than us. I saw the car at the Ft. Lauderdale auto show, and then the same car was at Lehman last Tuesday and I was able to go see it and sit on it. I agree with a lot of people saying it looks even better in person, but also in the height department think of an S2000. But length and width, it looks like a fairly normal car.

#8 ·
Lol, it must be the same one. How you knew about the car being at Lehman? Hopefully I can take a look at it in a couple of weeks when it comes back to Pembroke Pines.

#9 ·
Since I had called every single dealer around to see if they were taking per-orders, when I had called Lehman one of the salesmen wrote down my number and as soon as he knew it was coming he called me so I could see it. I already had my preorder with Pompano (they didn't know that). Lehman offered to preorder but they wanted non-refundable deposit and I said no thanks!

#10 ·
fedeuruagu your basically gettin yanked around and misled but some douche at the dealership who doesn't know jack shit but just wants money from a down payment or something and jus trying to make a sale.. simple as that pretty common for stealerships who are actually almost just as much in the dark as us consumers up until the actually car comes out

#14 ·
Sensing a trend with hearing about dealers with unfilled spots. 1 of 2 things will happen to all these open spots when MSRP's are finally revealed.

#1 - Price is deemed reasonable and spots fill up.
#2 - Price is deemed ridiculous and more spots open up.

It sends a pretty simple message to Fuji / SOA / "powers-that-be"...ball is your court now. I would not want to be the guy/gal who has to stare at profitability charts and find the ultimate, single-price point.

I think this is where GM screwed up with the VOLT, personally. Hype, showcase, more hype, great reviews, 3rd helping of hype...then slam prospective buyers with a $40,000 price tage for a mid-size car.

#15 ·
Only diehards will pre order. For most of the public they have no friggin idea what a BRZ is. Only if you read car mags or go looking for it will you know the BRZ exists. I don't think the pre order volume means anything.

When the reviews come out, cars are in some of the showrooms, and the MSRP is final, then the ture demand for the car will be known.

I still think they will sell all 4-6K of them at MSRP or close to it.

#18 ·
haha so true. it's stupid easy for Toyota and Scion to sell this car especially with their really good history on front engine rear wheel drive vehicles, and then their's Subaru who's a newb to the FR car game.

For now it will be true enthusiasts that know whats going on then the general public that slowly picks up on what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.