Subaru BRZ Forum banner
4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  brianch 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I think Jalopnik is right. They report that the Subaru BRZ will start around $24 000, seems just about right to me. Not as cheap as it was rumored to be but, I think Subaru has some proving to do.

http://jalopnik.com/5864550/subaru-brz-pricing-starts-at-24000

Journo-tweets from the Subaru BRZ's Japanese launch are offering up new insight on that half of the Subyota equation. Most specifically, pricing and options. The BRZ will reportedly start at around $24,000 and rise to $27,000 for the Limited model.

According to Twitter traffic, the BRZ will come in two levels of trim, the base-level — called, strangely, Premium — which includes navigation (yes, standard), eight-speaker audio, soft touch dash, limited-slip diff; leather-wrapped steering wheel (tilt-telescopic), shift knob and e-brake lever; six-speed manual; aluminum pedal covers and cruise control, among standard features.

The BRZ Limited model adds leather seats with Alcantara trim, fog lamps, rear deck spoiler, 17-inch rims and vented discs (16" front, 15" rear).

Naturally, that boxer-four growl comes standard on all models, but you can't tell that from the launch video.

We already know the 2,689-lb BRZ will produce identical horsepower to its Toyota GT 86/Scion FR-S cousin; that's 197 hp and 151 lb-ft using the same boxer four. That's Miata-fun stuff, right there.

The Subaru BRZ will go on sale in May 2012, with modest sales expectations of 3,000-4,000 units per year, which leads us to believe a bit of demand-pressurization might occur at the beginning of next year.

Anyone care to bet what the dealer markups might look like?

#6 ·
Scion Canada has stated on the website for the first 86 winners that 30K should be the assumed MSRP though talking to dealerships they have stated 27K. This is Canadian pricing of course but if the FR-S is 27K we can assume the BRZ will be 30K in Canada? Too expensive?

On another note someone just dynoed their FR-S and get 170rwhp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.