Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Really hoping that Subaru will unveil a turbo version of the brz. I think that the 200 hp na engine is good, but i think that 300 hp BRZ sti version would really be amazing. I've heard several things talking about the sti group making a turbo for the 2.0 and the article about the production turbocharged brz but idk that much. But, i just wanted to know what you guys think about this and if yall have any info about this. Just let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well they haven't really set anything in stone yet, but I think they said that the turboed 2.0 liter they were gonna use for the new WRX would be around 270hp so probably expect HP around there somewhere if they decide to make it that is

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool around 270 sounds alot better than 200 hp, hopefully it will be around 300hp but if its not there are a couple small upgrades that will easily increase it to at least 300hp. But do you think that they will have an sti version when they come out, or do you think they will wait?

·
Registered
13 Posts
They'd be diluting their market share if they produce a competitive product to one that's already in the market.
IMHO only.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Toyota would have to follow suit which may take the cars price higher than their target market can afford. I'd think Subaru would hold off for a while... Just until the two cars develop separate reputations at least...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No if you actually think about its a easy problem to fix because all they will have to do is slack up on the production of the wrx or sti, not that hard to fix. If you watch this video subaru national manager talks about how they want to tweak the performance through sti and go places that subaru has never been before!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1wfBt2jLJw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts