Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ... Base price is in $24K..
There is the Premium model ... whats in it ?
HIDs ? nav ? cloth seats ?
The Limtied model got Fog lights ? leather seats ? better Breaks ?

Crap... found my own answer ...
I guess I'll go with the limited .. since it has PUSH star, Better material seats,
Fogs... but I am NOT sure about the spoiler ... I think it looks good without the spoiler...

what u folks think of that spoiler ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of spoilers, I only like the lip spoilers which have a really clean look. It's little things like that which make a difference.
I believe a Subaru BRZ spec sheet was posted showing what the BRZ Premium and BRZ limited have, but the BRZ Limited is the way to go if you have the extra coin to drop on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Find someone to trade trunks with. There's a lot of people waiting for this car and surely someone with a premium will pine for that wing.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
spoilerless looks clean and i doubt we can actually put the spoiler to use unless we go to a track. on the road/freeway we probably won't notice the difference.

you can do what TimKlotz said and trade trunks, or request your dealer sends you that model without the spoiler, and if none of those would work.... you might have to go to a body shop.

·
Registered
359 Posts
On a Free way you wont notice the down force are you kidding me? Most OEm spoilers do provide down force and esp if it was tested in a wind tunnel Some spoilers can generate 400LBS of down-force just at cruising speeds @ 100KPH so no doubt you will feel the ass of you car plant more with the spoiler.

Ideally you could just get it with the spoiler sell it to someone else if not, and then just shave the holes and plug them or put a duckbill on the trunk!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
For sure huge spoilers add downforce. You CAN feel it. When you accelerate into high speeds you literally feel the rear end being planted down as you increase your speed. Of course having too much downforce in the rear can promote understeer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
For sure huge spoilers add downforce. You CAN feel it. When you accelerate into high speeds you literally feel the rear end being planted down as you increase your speed. Of course having too much downforce in the rear can promote understeer.
Good point! Since this car is already dialed in to an at limit default of understeer, maybe lack of a wing will give a more neutral driving dynamic at speed:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
That spoiler is going to do nothing.

Because it's flat to the deck lid, there's no downforce generated by a wing shape except for at the tips, making this actually a Spoiler. Any downforce made at the tips will be almost unmeasureable.

Because it doesn't extend much past the decklid, it can't generate downforce by using the drag bubble behind the car.

And finally, because it isn't very tall, it can't work like a true spoiler by increasing the drag bubble to improve diffuser airflow. (The lack of true diffuser hinders this also. ;) )

So the spoiler is purely for looks. If you don't like the way it looks, don't worry about trading trunks. Just remember to trade the springs and/or lift supports also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts