Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size of wheels will help with the gap? and what will be a good exhaust to put on the brz?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
No official exhaust systems yet though there will probably be an STi exhaust, a HKS exhaust, and a greddy exhaust to come out first.

I wonder if its possible to fit the popular tomei gt spec or maddad headers on the BRZ.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with import_nation, plus I'm sure that a lot of other companies will be creating products for it. Invidia currently makes some of the best sounding exhaust systems for the EJ20 and EJ25 for the WRX and STI. If the specs are the same, I would imagine that you could use any of their headers for this car, although I've heard that it was completely redesigned. In either case, there will be many options out there as soon as the cars are available. For the first to buy and those that live near some of the smaller aftermarket companies out there, you may have a good shot at getting some free parts if you're willing to let them borrow your brand new car for a few weeks.

In terms of wheel gap, I'll need to see what the stock offset is before I make that decision/recommendation. If they're anything like the WRX and STI, they run high offsets like 50-55 IIRC and I would go down to 30/35.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wonder what the exhuast will sound like with a Single out put with larger piping possible. 3" straight though, or even 2.5 Since this is only an N/A Application.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Don't know much about this subie engine. Any of the n.a subie guys get gains from 3" exhaust piping? In some applications its not worth it. You loose so much torque and power down low.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well most turbo guys i know who run a EJ25 Turbo just run 3-4" Single with about a 4-5" outlet and they are loud!

But the gains are there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about aftermarket companies. It is summertime and alot of car shows. I was going to send letters out about my incoming BRZ and if they would like to sponsor my car. Then try and get some aftermarket companies onboard. I will still have my 01 Acura to drive around but I live in MS and will have send the car to New Orleans or possibly somewhere in FL to get anything done. MS kinda sux for that stuff but I'm so so close to other good markets.

I had Greddy exhaust on my 04 STi and loved it. But what I heard is that the configuration of the BRZ is totally different so all new parts will need to be redesigned for the BRZ. Probably won't be able to swap parts between BRZ and STi. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I read/told here and there.

I agree with import_nation, plus I'm sure that a lot of other companies will be creating products for it. Invidia currently makes some of the best sounding exhaust systems for the EJ20 and EJ25 for the WRX and STI. If the specs are the same, I would imagine that you could use any of their headers for this car, although I've heard that it was completely redesigned. In either case, there will be many options out there as soon as the cars are available. For the first to buy and those that live near some of the smaller aftermarket companies out there, you may have a good shot at getting some free parts if you're willing to let them borrow your brand new car for a few weeks.

In terms of wheel gap, I'll need to see what the stock offset is before I make that decision/recommendation. If they're anything like the WRX and STI, they run high offsets like 50-55 IIRC and I would go down to 30/35.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would imagine that you could use any of their headers for this car, although I've heard that it was completely redesigned. In either case, there will be many options out there as soon as the cars are available. For the first to buy and those that live near some of the smaller aftermarket

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I really cant argue with you there and oddly enough I prefer the single exhaust on the older models. Dont care too much for the quad tips on the newer models.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
^ Power won't be any different. I'm sure there will be some who will run a single but it'll have to be designed well. Especially the collector area. Plus you'd want to get another rear lip design since there is sort of a cutout for 2 exhausts outlets. At least this isn't like the S2000 where there is a dual exhaust for no reason.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think the dual exhaust looks a little more sophisticated. Whats a 15 extra pounds? If you are goin all out with weight reduction then go ahead and get the single. But it aint gonna make much of a difference without gutting everthing else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^ Power won't be any different. I'm sure there will be some who will run a single but it'll have to be designed well. Especially the collector area. Plus you'd want to get another rear lip design since there is sort of a cutout for 2 exhausts outlets. At least this isn't like the S2000 where there is a dual exhaust for no reason.
Doesn't the exhaust on a BRZ already come to a single point? If so, explain to me how splitting it off just before the axle will increase power.

I do agree it will look less attractive until someone comes up with a plug (like they have for the S2K)

I think the dual exhaust looks a little more sophisticated. Whats a 15 extra pounds? If you are goin all out with weight reduction then go ahead and get the single. But it aint gonna make much of a difference without gutting everthing else.
I'm just not sure why you would add 15 pounds to make your car look a little better. It's just an abstract concept for me, sorry.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Is the exhaust already combined? Never paid attention. If that's the case I guess it's just for looks more than anything. I know AJ Racing is developing a single outlet exhaust under the name of T1R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts