Votes: 41 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your a big person, getting into a smaller car like the Subaru BRZ MIGHT be an issue for you. On Jalopnik they sent one of their editors at 6'3 & 200LBS to have a seat in the Subaru BRZ. It turns out that if your any bigger than him, a BRZ might not be for you!

So for the big question, Can you fit in a Subaru BRZ?

At 5'11, 180LBS it won't be a problem for me :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damn all you small fry's I'm only 6'1" so that shouldn't be an issue but im not the skinniest guy lol I guess ill have to wait and see :/ lol

·
Registered
762 Posts
Damn all you small fry's I'm only 6'1" so that shouldn't be an issue but im not the skinniest guy lol I guess ill have to wait and see :/ lol
seems as if you weight is around 200 you should hopefully be fine

im about 5"10 150-160, not a prob for me :) i plan on adding some Recaro or Bride racing seats in the future, so the BRZ will only seem smaller in the future

·
Registered
71 Posts
lol im 6"2 240 im a football player in great shape but it will suck if i cant get this car because of lifting weights everyday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 5'10" and heavy, hate to admit it :(. I had an Impreza for a couple of years. It was a little like squeezing the toothpaste back in the tube, but I survived.

My crazy plan is to go to a dealership or a car show and try and sit in one. If it fits, I'll buy it, if not, I'll just get a nice loaded up Outback, which I know I fit just fine. In fact, if I bought cars with just my left brain, I would buy an Outback and never look back.

·
Registered
216 Posts
6'4" 250lbs. My mother once owned a 1st gen Miata and I fit in that just barely with 10 more lbs on my frame. I also have racing seats in my WRX that I fit into just fine. I must be narrow and densely packed for a big guy. ;) I'm not too worried about fitting in a BRZ.

Now trying to cram a friend into the back seat......

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
To be honest. Don't give up just cause you don't fit comfortably. If you don't fit in an impreza you won't be comfortable in the BRZ. Just get aftermarket seats. Some of them are wider.

·
Registered
312 Posts
5'11 shouldnt be too much of an issues.... imprezza seats are pretty easy to sit in same with.. the STI seats, From what i read the BRZ seats are pretty tight, i would think around the same Size as the Integra Type R Dc2 Recaros

·
Registered
84 Posts
How i see it, if the owner of Rota wheels can fit in a Toyota AE86, anyone can fit in a AE86, BRZ, FR-S, Toyota 86, & Toyota GT 86
Wish i could post the video of him but it's been taken down from youtube.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Check this statement out
What's up, everyone!? Stopped by the DC Auto Show today and was able to sit in a silver BRZ (6A). I'm 6'6, 210 lbs and managed to fit like a glove - honestly, I couldn't have been more happy. Last time my heart beat so fast was prom night (today had a much better outcome). I was going back and forth between an STi and a BRZ. No more debate. BRZ FTW! Some other takeaways:

- The car looks significantly better in person than in pictures. There are lots of design details that aren't picked up over the internet.
- Sits incredibly low to the ground.
- Seats were very snug; I doubt a man/woman of substantial girth could fit properly.
- Interior was, how do you say, utilitarian. Has everything you need and nothing you don't.
- The trunk is spacious, but shallow.
- Backseat might as well be a bulkhead.
He took some photos too for those who are interested

1 - 20 of 44 Posts