Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
what rear styling was that? was it from an artist rendering/drawing? I don't recall seeing an official rear end design that made it through to an official concept or anything.

·
Registered
126 Posts
He/she? probably means the BRZ STI concept which was a one off. Even if you can get a hold of those tail lights, they won't fit correctly because that concept had wider quarter panels and the tail lights were made to fit accordingly. Still, Subaru should have came up with their own tail lights to further differentiate the BRZ from the GT86/FR-S. They couldn't have done any worse IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
He/she? probably means the BRZ STI concept which was a one off. Even if you can get a hold of those tail lights, they won't fit correctly because that concept had wider quarter panels and the tail lights were made to fit accordingly. Still, Subaru should have came up with their own tail lights to further differentiate the BRZ from the GT86/FR-S. They couldn't have done any worse IMO.
Makes sense lol.

I agree with you, Subaru really should have came up with their own tail light design. All three models, BRZ, FR-S, 86/GT86 look way too similar.

I'm hoping on aftermarket support to step in and help us make our BRZ's look noticeably different from the FR-S & 86/GT86.

To the OP, i highly doubt they will reconsider that design for production, all we can hope for is a face-lifted/revised BRZ model sometime in the next year or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts