Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it, or will it be possible to order a LIMITED with the CLOTH PREMIUM seats?

Would it cost more?

Would it cost less?

·
Registered
864 Posts
The Limited has leather seating as standard. hello? I suggest you analyze the following and determine what you can add to the Premium either as options or aftermarket. A reason why Subaru has such a low cost is the absence of a lot of choices. This reduces a lot of hidden costs inherent with vehicles that have all kinds of optional selections and models and then determine your costs. In part, for this reason, I doubt you will get your wish.

BRZ Limited adds:

- Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors)
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Fog lights
- Front door courtesy lights
- Keyless Access and Start with illuminated engine start/stop button
- Rear trunk spoiler (body color)
- Security system

·
Registered
183 Posts
Go for the leather. I'm in Tucson where it's deathly hot, and even without applying tint yet, theleather stays cool and feels soooo nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Limited has leather seating as standard. hello? I suggest you analyze the following and determine what you can add to the Premium either as options or aftermarket. A reason why Subaru has such a low cost is the absence of a lot of choices. This reduces a lot of hidden costs inherent with vehicle that have all kinds of optional selections and models and then determine your costs.

BRZ Limited adds:

- Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors)
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Fog lights
- Front door courtesy lights
- Keyless Access and Start with illuminated engine start/stop button
- Rear trunk spoiler (body color)
- Security system
You still missed the question.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me spell it out. If I hypothetically went to Subaru and asked, "Can I order a Limited Edition BRZ with cloth seat?" Their answer will be?....I'm not looking at after market parts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is it possible?: NO

will it cost more?: Not applicable
Will it cost less? : Not applicable.

Just my personal opinion, altho I haven't asked Subaru this myself.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is it possible?: NO

will it cost more?: Not applicable
Will it cost less? : Not applicable.

Just my personal opinion, altho I haven't asked Subaru this myself.
I think he missed your answer. :p

I actually asked about this because I've usually liked cloth more than leather, but this being Alcantara it's a different story. I'll need to sit in cloth seats to compare, but these seats as part of the upgrade are really worth it. They also come heated, and my dealer said there was no option for cloth in the limited.

Your best bet is to find someone who wants the limited seats and will trade + cash for them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I actually asked about this because I've usually liked cloth more than leather, but this being Alcantara it's a different story. I'll need to sit in cloth seats to compare, but these seats as part of the upgrade are really worth it. They also come heated, and my dealer said there was no option for cloth in the limited.

Your best bet is to find someone who wants the limited seats and will trade + cash for them.
Thank you.

His answer was attempting to dumb down my knowledge of limited vs premium package deals.....or at least, that's how it came off as.

·
Registered
864 Posts
You are right. I prefer cloth as well and may have selected the Limited if I knew how the Alcatara performed. (the leather is just on the bolsters) Even in Michigan, I don't prefer leather. The heated seating is 'necessary' because leather is too cold for many butts in MI. (no personal pun intended) I just don't need heated (or cooling seating for that matter) and have a policy in not buying things that I do not need. Heated seats, altho I am sure work very well with no problems, is just fluff. An example is the motor-operated rear seats in an Infiniti SUV that fold up/down. There are many more examples.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I prefer the cloth as well, at least I think I do. I also prefer the look where the leather/alcatara isn't really black like it's proclaimed to be.

I prefer darker interior. I think it not only looks nicer but keeps it looking newer and less out dated looking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The last time I checked, alcantara was a man-made fabric, not a leather. Therefore, the seats in the Limited are cloth. When I sat in the demo with the alcantara seats I was very disappointed, as I had thought that they were leather, not just with a little leather around the edges.

Personally, I don't consider alcantara to be a premium material, it just another fabric made entirely out of plastic.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The last time I checked, alcantara was a man-made fabric, not a leather. Therefore, the seats in the Limited are cloth. When I sat in the demo with the alcantara seats I was very disappointed, as I had thought that they were leather, not just with a little leather around the edges.

Personally, I don't consider alcantara to be a premium material, it just another fabric made entirely out of plastic.
No one said that the alcantara was leather. If I knew that the material in the seating area (where the butt goes) was a fabric-type material I may have selected the Limited.

Also, the fabric material in the Premium may also be a plastic-type material or a plasitic/non- plastic weave. I just want something that breathes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No one said that the alcantara was leather. If I knew that the material in the seating area (where the butt goes) was a fabric-type material I may have selected the Limited.
For some reason, I thought alcantara was made from leather, so I was surprised when I saw the seats in the car. All my other cars have leather seats that are 100% leather in the seating area.

Also, the fabric material in the Premium may also be a plastic-type material or a plasitic/non- plastic weave. I just want something that breathes.
I'm sure the Premium cloth seats are also derived from plastic for long term durability. According to Wikipedia, "Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane [4] giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of suede, and it may be incorrectly identified as such."

Given to percentage of polyester, I doubt that alcantara breathes very well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most of the higher end OEM seats coming from Japan have Alcantara, I think it's a great alternative to cloth while not having to deal with blazing hot or freezing cold seats. Leather is only good if you have heated/cooled seats imo, otherwise they are good in the spring and fall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts