Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't subscribe to Consumer Reports, but I saw somewhere that the 2013 rating for reliability on the BRZ was "below average". I recently saw a copy of the 2014 Auto Buyer's Guide and looked up the BRZ and again the reliability rating was "below average".

Any ideas as to why?

CR ranked Subaru as a brand in the top 3 or 4 and reliability is considered a strength. Most of the negative comments on the BRZ that I've seen concern relatively silly things like "crickets" and etc. I've not heard of any major complaints and my car has been great! What gives?

·
Registered
52 Posts
1st year of the car, there is no reliability history. There are few hiccups some folks have had, nothing that would indicate the cars are bad cars.

I believe most new models get dinged on reliability because there is zero long term data.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just as previous stated it's a reflection of how long this model has been been on the market. It's only in its second year of production so long term reliability is difficult to figure out since they are all still relatively low mileage.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well mine is built like an anvil which is all I care about. Two oil changes and upgrading of the accessory home link rear view mirror have been it for a year and 3,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts