Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Dude, sorry to say but that bar is useless in the BRZ. I was going to order one, but then popped the hood when my car came in and noticed that it's already been looked after with the two black bar braces that already mount to the strut towers. It MAY help a bit, but the car already handles better than anything I've driven (stock) - but it looks sweet!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dude, sorry to say but that bar is useless in the BRZ. I was going to order one, but then popped the hood when my car came in and noticed that it's already been looked after with the two black bar braces that already mount to the strut towers. It MAY help a bit, but the car already handles better than anything I've driven (stock) - but it looks sweet!
I wouldn't go as far to say useless. The bar for one looks great! And the stock brace bars are pretty light. I'll be replacing those too. Had a chance to drive it last nite and although you won't notice it in day to day driving, if and when you decide to do some agressive driving road or track, I'm sure there is some positive gain. I mean it couldn't be worse, right. Anyhow, glad I upgraded, I also have a the rear strut bar coming soon and will post pics once installed.

So if your a daily driver and just want a cool upgrade for looks alone, I say go for it! If your an agressive driver, you can't go wrong ;)

btw if you want to see a significant difference, upgrade your rear sway bar ;)

More info...http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/strut-bars.html

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
It definitely looks amazing and it would match my car as well :) I think the rear strut tower bar will make much more of a difference!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
btw I don't know if anyone noticed from the pics, but I ended getting the one with Brake Cylinder Stopper to provide a more solid brake pedal feel during hard braking. So there is a two fold effect in getting this strut bar, in theory ;)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
btw I don't know if anyone noticed from the pics, but I ended getting the one with Brake Cylinder Stopper to provide a more solid brake pedal feel during hard braking. So there is a two fold effect in getting this strut bar, in theory ;)
Has it made any difference to you in brake pedal feel?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not too sure about the efficiency of the strut bar when it has one bolt connection at each end. Simply it creates a "pin" connection which it can rotate freely. In such manner, how can the load/stress transfer from one end to another? If there are 2 bolts or is welded as a solid piece at the connection, then perhaps it can fuction as what it suppose to be. Correct me if I am wrong. But it definitely looks nice thu :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not too sure about the efficiency of the strut bar when it has one bolt connection at each end. Simply it creates a "pin" connection which it can rotate freely. In such manner, how can the load/stress transfer from one end to another? If there are 2 bolts or is welded as a solid piece at the connection, then perhaps it can fuction as what it suppose to be. Correct me if I am wrong. But it definitely looks nice thu :)
I dunno, that's one for thr Cusco engineers I suppose ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts