Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, i just wanted to get some ideas of what you guys are going to do to the brz when you get it, or if you are not going to do anything? just post what all you guys are going to do to the brz!! real excited to here all you guys are going to do.

·
Registered
272 Posts
First thing will be rims. Real BBS LM's or BBS LM knock off's. I LOVE how the look on the BRZ/86/FR-S

Edit:

or VS-XX's, they look really good. As you can see im into the mesh type wheel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing will be rims. Real BBS LM's or BBS LM knock off's. I LOVE how the look on the BRZ/86/FR-S

Edit:

or VS-XX's, they look really good. As you can see im into the mesh type wheel

those look great but im more of more solid rimes with less spokes

·
Registered
359 Posts
TE37 Time Attack Version will be black with a red lip!

I plan to run work misters or BBS LM's !

As an exhaust set up maybe straight pipes of bad-ass!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think those are tight but real expensive, and im a college student lol
no doubt, a set of those will run you around $2500- $3000 a set. You can always get the knock off/replica to these. A set of TE37 knock off's/replica's should be around $1000 a set, tires another $600

If you search around on the classifieds you might be able to find set of real Volk or Rays wheels for around $1600-2000 with tires

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Id never buy brand new VOLK rims. Blood isnt rich enough. Used TE37s go for much cheaper. You could also look into cheaper brands either then Volk.

Lighter weight rims + sticky tires + coilovers + thicker roll bars/sway bars
intake + header + full exhust

= much more fun then stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Id never buy brand new VOLK rims. Blood isnt rich enough. Used TE37s go for much cheaper. You could also look into cheaper brands either then Volk.

Lighter weight rims + sticky tires + coilovers + thicker roll bars/sway bars
intake + header + full exhust

= much more fun then stock.
that sounds tight, but you going to still do that even to the sti?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
No I would never get the STi model. I rather do it all myself. The only thing on the STi concept that attracts me is the carbon roof. Since swapping roofs is a PITA.

The carbon roof will definitely give the car an edge on the track when it comes to center of gravity

Ballpark Figures of mods
Intake $300 - Race Header $800 - Catback Exhaust $800

Lightweight rims - depends what you get. Anywhere from $1500-$3000
Sticky Tires - $1000
Coilovers $2000
Antiroll bars - $500

It might cost as much or less then the STi OEM upgrade but I believe you are getting better parts. Plus you will have a unique car that is yours. The STi model will just be the same as any other STI BRZ. Of course if you are a true baller you could buy the STi model and upgrade that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts