Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2015 Subaru BRZ limited almost 2 months ago and after 300 miles I wanted to add some mods to it, so I ordered Perrin and Whiteline transmission mount inserts, Eibach swaybars and Perrin steering rack lockdown and installed them. Then I started to hear (what others have heard: transmission noise and
crickets). I decided to make an appointment to the dealer where I purchased the car from and I did not even ask to fix anything I just wanted them to inspect my car. I left my car one Friday morning at 10am and they contacted me around 4pm and the guy who called started to yell at me stating that I put aftermarket parts and that they were not going to do anything to my car. This is the report they gave me when I went to pick up my car...

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

As you can read, they say that I replaced motor mounts (Which is a lie), replaced transmission mount (lie, I just put inserts to the OEM mount) Power steering
mounts replaced? (lie). Then they said that I declined repairs (I did not even know they were going to repair my car).

What should I do? Please help!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ah the fights you get into after fitting the aftermarket parts.

Subaru would have to prove the transmission noise, if a defect, was caused by your aftermarket parts. Since none of the parts you added can have any effect on the transmission you should be ok. You might try a different dealer or you might try contacting Subaru directly.

What transmission noises are you getting? The transmission mount insert (which I have just ordered for my 2013) will transmit more noise to the car body right where you're going to hear it next to your right elbow. That mount actually protects the transmission on a hard launch. I fit better tires and on a wheelspin launch the axle hop is quite incredible from such a low powered car. That mount insert is essential if you are planning on getting better tires or a supercharger (now that will void your drivetrain warranty!). Frankly I'd be amazed if your transmission could show a defect at 300 miles (your car needs a 1,000 miles before it is properly broken in).

The front roll bar will also add to noises due to the stiffer urethane bushings Eibach supplies. Ditto the steering rack lockdown. Subaru knows how to make all these parts and chooses not to for cost and NVH reasons. You are discovering what Subaru test engineers already know and decided against.

As for the "customer declined repair" note that is accurate as far as it goes but it's there in case the transmission does blow up and Subaru asks its dealer why they didn't perform this work under warranty before it got worse. It's just cover their ass stuff you can ignore.

You do need to verify that the transmission is defective though and right away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts