Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't choose between the Galaxy blue or the Silver for the brz, if I get either one of the first mods will be either switching the wheels out for some gun metals (because gunmetal matches everything, and i don't really like the "chromish" and black rims look) or paint the original rims gun metal . But body color wise i don't know what to choose!! Help?

Here is what both of the colors look like, as a like refresher:

silverbrz5.jpg 9b8bd9bf5b.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
IMO, if I was going to get a blue Subie, it'd be WRB Pearl. But the Galaxy is still a nice shade, and in this case, I feel it's a bit better looking than the silver.

I wonder what other members of this forum will think...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
315 Posts
When comparing BRZ colors side-by-side, the darker colors look best in my opinion.
My color preferences were Galaxy Blue Silica, Dark Gray Metallic, or Crystal Black Silica.
My signature line tells you which became available first.

Since color choice depends most on individual taste, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't choose between the Galaxy blue or the Silver for the brz, if I get either one of the first mods will be either switching the wheels out for some gun metals (because gunmetal matches everything, and i don't really like the "chromish" and black rims look) or paint the original rims gun metal . But body color wise i don't know what to choose!! Help?

Here is what both of the colors look like, as a like refresher:

View attachment 3233 View attachment 3241
I love the gunmetal ImageUploadedByAG Free1363697042.882359.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Galaxy looks great but dirt shows up faster on a darker car imho, I currently own a black on black GS300 and I've got a white fly problem near my house (FL) my mom's silver Camry doesn't seem too need a car washing as often as my gs, to keep the car clean, I need to wash it every 3 days, but i just wash it every Sunday/Saturday . Plus Silver doesn't show scratches as much as dark colors. Gunmetal FTW!! I keep saying Silver silver silver! But then i look at the pictures of the Galaxy and kinda get flat with silver, like em both. Functionally think the Silver would be better, for looks they both look pretty great! but ugh its soooo hard to chooose one color! Ah dah hell with it, I'll get them both!
jk Unless someone wants to donate to the Foob needs 2 cars (one for weekdays, one for weekends) ! ;)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I think both of them are such nice colors.. It is hard to choose. Just look at both in person and go for the one that excites you lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ended up with a silver one, i had the option of blue but after looking at them both after my tests drives..one was a WRB AT and the other Silver 6MT..I went silver..the blue was well filthy...also automatic but filthy..the silver was filthy but if I took 5 steps back it looked almost like it was clean.

I also like the silver paint and how it changes a bit from different angles , goes almost dark on the curves of the car...but that is just my opinion..and i'm slightly biased.

Reactions: Foob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna get that silver one, gunmetal the rims, MT! Now to actually learn to physically drive a MT. its not the same as nfs shift's shifting.

MT guy's quick question!: how hard was it to learn to drive a MT and how difficult is it to keep your rpm's below 4k before you hit 1k miles?

Reactions: Silverw1d0w

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think I'm gonna get that silver one, gunmetal the rims, MT! Now to actually learn to physically drive a MT. its not the same as nfs shift's shifting.

MT guy's quick question!: how hard was it to learn to drive a MT and how difficult is it to keep your rpm's below 4k before you hit 1k miles?
I learned Manual on this car took me one week to get everything down..though I had some pre experience on very old tractors back when my grandfather had a farm but..at the same time very different ..8 pistons vs 4 pistons to pull you along and get going in first lol.

Main thing is clutch control which takes time..your left leg has to gain the muscle memory to let it go slow..just don't rev it up to 3k rpm and let out the clutch in 1st lol lol.

Staying below 4k..is only hard when you get excite to rev the engin..but I used the light indicator to warn me at 3k to shift before I could hit 4k by accident.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I learned Manual on this car took me one week to get everything down..though I had some pre experience on very old tractors back when my grandfather had a farm but..at the same time very different ..8 pistons vs 4 pistons to pull you along and get going in first lol.

Main thing is clutch control which takes time..your left leg has to gain the muscle memory to let it go slow..just don't rev it up to 3k rpm and let out the clutch in 1st lol lol.

Staying below 4k..is only hard when you get excite to rev the engin..but I used the light indicator to warn me at 3k to shift before I could hit 4k by accident.

I see... thanks for the help, I'd rather not risk ruining the clutch, on a new car. Gonna see if i could set something up with my uncle who's got his own mechanic shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
315 Posts
The shift light/tone was handy during breakin.
Agreed. It was painful to remain below 4,000 rpms for a full thousand miles; though I did push over the limit a time or two!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I absolutely love the WBR Pearl and Galaxy Blue Cilica but the only thing about it that pisses me off is that the red interior trim of the BRZ doesn't match the blue. It can obviously be modified otherwise but that's the only downside to it. If my OCD was serious enough to affect my purchase I would have got the Dark Gray Metallic. Those two blue colors are just too much eye-candy to pass them down...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I myself am going through the same dilemma. Going to be a brz owner in a few months or so and deciding what color between Royal blue / silver / or white. LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I myself am going through the same dilemma. Going to be a brz owner in a few months or so and deciding what color between Royal blue / silver / or white. LOL.
Okay I've finally decided, I'm gonna get the Silver! Dark colors just need way too much attention to keep clean, and though i do wash my car every week, drying a silver car is much easier than a dark colored car. Trust me i know I've got a black car. While white looks super sexy especially with a black gloss covered roof, white never stand out to me in the automotive world. Silver really stands out, the royal blue is kinda played out with the brz, in my opinion. Whatever your decision is, its still gonna drive JUST LIKE A BRZ! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts