Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Nice pictures. Did you take pictures of any other cars at the show?
It must suck being able to get that close to the BRZ but not allowed to get inside.

What were you first impressions seeing it in person at the Detroit Show?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took some other pics but this is the car I drove 4.5 hours to see.

I agree I wanted to jump on the platform and hide from the burlap sack wearing girls that pass for Subaru girls.

The Pittsburgh auto show is supposed to have a real one to sit in on Feb 17th. I'll be there.

First impression: It's better in person. The pics made it look good. But in person the lines are even better. My only knock is that the back tail lights jut out so you see the top of them. That's a little gimicky for me. The blue pearl is a sharp color and I look forward to seeing it in dark grey and black.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I took some other pics but this is the car I drove 4.5 hours to see.

I agree I wanted to jump on the platform and hide from the burlap sack wearing girls that pass for Subaru girls.

The Pittsburgh auto show is supposed to have a real one to sit in on Feb 17th. I'll be there.

First impression: It's better in person. The pics made it look good. But in person the lines are even better. My only knock is that the back tail lights jut out so you see the top of them. That's a little gimicky for me. The blue pearl is a sharp color and I look forward to seeing it in dark grey and black.
thanks for the reply

would you say the drive was worth it? a 4.5 hour drive is LONG> LOL @ burlap sack wearing girls that pass for Subaru girls.

Where did you find out that the Pittsburgh show will have a display model open to the public?

I'm looking forward to seeing a BRZ in black, since that's what im getting, and better yet the BRZ STI in black with CF :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drive was worth it. The Detroit show is something to see. I still would have gone without the BRZ debut but that was the main attraction for me.

The Pittsburgh show is typically very low key and doesn't normally have a lot of closed cars. To be safe, I'll find out which Subaru dealer will be at the show and visit them beforehand to find out information on the BRZ. Then, I'll make arrangements to see the car at the show, and get to see inside, due to my established interest level. Of course, it may be as simple as just sitting in the open car. I plan on being one of the first in line to order a car as soon as the details are out. I just need to sit in one to confirm it. I know it will drive great and it's a looker.

I don't know my color yet. I know white is out. I have 2 black cars now so probably not black again. Interested in the red if it's not to maroon like. Dark grey is a strong possibility as well. I will get a loaded car with all options. I expect to be able to order the car in May and get it who knows maybe July or August.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
The drive was worth it. The Detroit show is something to see. I still would have gone without the BRZ debut but that was the main attraction for me.

The Pittsburgh show is typically very low key and doesn't normally have a lot of closed cars. To be safe, I'll find out which Subaru dealer will be at the show and visit them beforehand to find out information on the BRZ. Then, I'll make arrangements to see the car at the show, and get to see inside, due to my established interest level. Of course, it may be as simple as just sitting in the open car. I plan on being one of the first in line to order a car as soon as the details are out. I just need to sit in one to confirm it. I know it will drive great and it's a looker.

I don't know my color yet. I know white is out. I have 2 black cars now so probably not black again. Interested in the red if it's not to maroon like. Dark grey is a strong possibility as well. I will get a loaded car with all options. I expect to be able to order the car in May and get it who knows maybe July or August.
Don't forget to take video/pictures when you do get to check out the BRZ. Ordering a BRZ, you should check with you local dealer now, I've seen pictures of the BRZ on transit and even at dealerships. Great choice on colors, what are the other two cars you have?

Out of the three color choices, i'd go with white!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to swing by one of the Sub dealers tonight. I don't think they have a car yet but I'll see what they know. I called 2 weeks ago and they were clueless. I guess they are worried about the metal on the lot and not what is coming this summer.

I need to sit in this car and make sure I like the view. I'm hoping to have a nice view of the hood falling away. I like the flared fender tops that slope into the sides of the hood. I love a hood view that is framed on the sides like that. My Mercedes E550 hood is exactly this way. I'm also interested in the view out out the sides and back and hope the blind spots aren't bad. I'm expecting to sit very low in this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts