1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
supplies
gutter guard metal mesh
Plasti dip
4 screw (i cut exterior grade dry wall screws in half)
4 washers
4 zip ties
tin snips
377294_488753511135446_1025028349_n.jpg 548460_488753761135421_1807036318_n.jpg

step 1
take gutter guard and flatten it out ( i used a piece of wood to hold sheet in place and bent the over hanging part up flipped it around and repeated)

step 2
Plast dip the sheet ( i did like 6 coats)

step 3
remove under covers
image0111-1024x768.jpg View attachment 1839

step 4
take the mesh and trim to size
485806_488753617802102_1113057747_n.jpg

step 5
get under car and push the mesh against the inside of the bumper to form it around the grill mark areas that need to be trimmed
539498_488753714468759_1095610595_n.jpg

step 6
reinstall and firmly mold the mesh around grille tightly

step 7 there are 2 slots for screw and washers to secure the mesh in place on each side

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was about to do this on the weekend, thanks!

So there are two hidden holes for the screws and washers after all. Good to know I dont need to cut a hole anywhere..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice! Will probably do when I get mine.

I do have a question thou unrelated..how did you get the yellow fogs? Looking for amber myself to combat the white shine back

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry if I'm oblivious to whats going on.. bare with me please haha it said you needed 4 screws? Where did you use these because from my understanding its zip tied on? Just a bit confused. Very interested in doing this, really cool.

The holes were already there and you just needed your own screws to use?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry if I'm oblivious to whats going on.. bare with me please haha it said you needed 4 screws? Where did you use these because from my understanding its zip tied on? Just a bit confused. Very interested in doing this, really cool.

The holes were already there and you just needed your own screws to use?
yes as you see in the pictures i cut 4 drywall screws in half if they are to long they will go through the bumper! zip ties are for added support at high speeds

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! Will probably do when I get mine.

I do have a question thou unrelated..how did you get the yellow fogs? Looking for amber myself to combat the white shine back
replaced bulbs with modified LEDS and bought yellow overlays for fogs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad someone blazed this path. I had asked in exterior section if anyone else thought this was too easy for a rock to get thru to radiator. I will be doing mine soon but may use stainless that i saw at lowes. Thanks again for the Pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad someone blazed this path. I had asked in exterior section if anyone else thought this was too easy for a rock to get thru to radiator. I will be doing mine soon but may use stainless that i saw at lowes. Thanks again for the Pics.
mine was stainless just dont like the bling look thats why i plasti dipped it B)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is my grill guard. I used the same gutter mesh as 5150 that comes in 3ft section
5inch wide which is the perfect size. I found a fusion spray paint that is not metallic
but bright blue that matches the WRB. Installed it last night and here are pics.
Obvious they wanted us to do this mod as they gave us the posts to screw into which
made it real easy. I also zip tied along the top and bottom to make sure it stays tight.
mesh2.jpg mesh3.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Inspired by NickBRZ, I attached to the outside, but with black plastidip rather than paint matched. Mine was a bit more of a pain because I had to fit it around the license plate (screw you, MD!) I followed all the same steps that he did, and also used SUV edge guard because it was longer than the car stuff that I'd have had to splice together on the bottom of the guard. Mine's also not rally blue, but Galaxy Silica. I attached it to the front via zip-tie after I removed the plastic under parts.

IMG_1498.jpg IMG_1927.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't decide which I like more. :) I think both ways look very nice. Putting the grill on the outside makes the black section of the bumper remind me of a mustache instead of the dental guard. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you give a brief outline on how you did yours, Nick? I like that you ditched the grill completely and just have the new mesh.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Inspired by NickBRZ, I attached to the outside, but with black plastidip rather than paint matched. Mine was a bit more of a pain because I had to fit it around the license plate (screw you, MD!) I followed all the same steps that he did, and also used SUV edge guard because it was longer than the car stuff that I'd have had to splice together on the bottom of the guard. Mine's also not rally blue, but Galaxy Silica. I attached it to the front via zip-tie after I removed the plastic under parts.

View attachment 2248 View attachment 2249
That looks awesome. You could probably sell that thing if you made more haha.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts