Subaru BRZ Forum banner
41K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  TurtleFace 
#1 · (Edited)
supplies
gutter guard metal mesh
Plasti dip
4 screw (i cut exterior grade dry wall screws in half)
4 washers
4 zip ties
tin snips
Auto part Aluminum can Everyday carry
Asphalt Soil Number Road surface

step 1
take gutter guard and flatten it out ( i used a piece of wood to hold sheet in place and bent the over hanging part up flipped it around and repeated)

step 2
Plast dip the sheet ( i did like 6 coats)

step 3
remove under covers
Automotive exterior Bumper Grille Vehicle Auto part
View attachment 1839

step 4
take the mesh and trim to size
Asphalt Bumper Automotive exterior Floor Auto part

step 5
get under car and push the mesh against the inside of the bumper to form it around the grill mark areas that need to be trimmed
Asphalt Road surface Public space Sidewalk Tar

step 6
reinstall and firmly mold the mesh around grille tightly

step 7 there are 2 slots for screw and washers to secure the mesh in place on each side

See less See more
#5 ·
sorry if I'm oblivious to whats going on.. bare with me please haha it said you needed 4 screws? Where did you use these because from my understanding its zip tied on? Just a bit confused. Very interested in doing this, really cool.

The holes were already there and you just needed your own screws to use?

#13 ·
Here is my grill guard. I used the same gutter mesh as 5150 that comes in 3ft section
5inch wide which is the perfect size. I found a fusion spray paint that is not metallic
but bright blue that matches the WRB. Installed it last night and here are pics.
Obvious they wanted us to do this mod as they gave us the posts to screw into which
made it real easy. I also zip tied along the top and bottom to make sure it stays tight.
Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car
Grille Cobalt blue Automotive exterior Electric blue Blue

#15 ·
Inspired by NickBRZ, I attached to the outside, but with black plastidip rather than paint matched. Mine was a bit more of a pain because I had to fit it around the license plate (screw you, MD!) I followed all the same steps that he did, and also used SUV edge guard because it was longer than the car stuff that I'd have had to splice together on the bottom of the guard. Mine's also not rally blue, but Galaxy Silica. I attached it to the front via zip-tie after I removed the plastic under parts.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive design
Automotive exterior Grille Vehicle Bumper Car

#19 ·
Inspired by NickBRZ, I attached to the outside, but with black plastidip rather than paint matched. Mine was a bit more of a pain because I had to fit it around the license plate (screw you, MD!) I followed all the same steps that he did, and also used SUV edge guard because it was longer than the car stuff that I'd have had to splice together on the bottom of the guard. Mine's also not rally blue, but Galaxy Silica. I attached it to the front via zip-tie after I removed the plastic under parts.

View attachment 2248 View attachment 2249
That looks awesome. You could probably sell that thing if you made more haha.

#26 ·
Yep, installed mine yesterday. Instead of drywall screws, I used some 8-32 stainless screws, cut down to 5/8 long, and some stainless fender washers. Also used 2 zip ties to help hold the center area.

Painted black, you don't even notice it back there. Of course I had to clean off all the bugs and junk that found their way to the condenser already, but I'm hoping this stops some of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.