Subaru BRZ Forum banner

Does Toyota Have To Partner With Other Companies To Make A Better Product?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me it seems as if Toyota does need to partner with other companies to make a better product. The last time we've seen really good sports cars from Toyota was back in the 90's, and now with Subaru's involvement we finally get a sports car for the enthusiast! I'd imagine if Toyota was able to do this on their own maybe it would have happened much earlier? I don't see why they would wait so long.

Does anyone else think Toyota needs to partner with other companies to make a better product?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Toyota's sub-brand, Lexus did develop the Lexus LFA without any involvement from others companies (at least not to my knowledge), and that was a huge success. I think all these years Toyota just wanted to dominate the economy car market and they have, nearly everywhere you go someone is driving a corolla, camry, prius, etc.
Maybe now Toyota thought it was the right time to bring back a sports car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well it also help with the fact that Toyota Owns a huge share or Fuji Heavy Industries, which is subaru if you didn't know.

So a joint venture was just something both companies wanted a new car, and to create the lowest center of gravity with great balance. Its not creating a joint venture to create a better product to cut cost and spend the budget else where creating something far greater than on your own, Ie suburs motor which they already have with Toyota styling and handling as well.

The LFA is their halo car and in no way would they want to partner with someone on their halo car, i mean which other car company has a carbon knitting machine!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I actually don't really understand the real reason Toyota had to bring Subaru into this. Is it for the engine? Toyota really couldn't develop their own engine? Take the 2.0 Celica engine slap a turbo on throw it into the FR-S. That probably would have caused more or a stir then the boxer engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts