Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car already has the CarPlay option installed. As you may already know, it is a wired system. The phone must be plugged into the USB port for CarPlay to work.
Lately I’ve seen some wireless CarPlay dongles that plug into the USB port and supposedly bring wireless CarPlay support. I guess the phone connects to the dongle through Bluetooth or WiFi and the car must see it as a wired connection.
Everything I read though talks about installing some firmware on the head unit to activate CarPlay but I think this may be if you don’t already have CarPlay installed.

Joey lea seems have good feeling about wireless carplay.

Has anyone tried one of these dongles just to make an existing CarPlay system wireless?

· Registered
1 Posts
My car already has the CarPlay option installed. As you may already know, it is a wired system. The phone must be plugged into the USB port for CarPlay to work.
Lately I’ve seen some wireless CarPlay dongles that plug into the USB port and supposedly bring wireless CarPlay support. I guess the phone connects to the dongle through Bluetooth or WiFi and the car must see it as a wired connection.
Everything I read though talks about installing some firmware on the head unit to activate CarPlay but I think this may be if you don’t already have CarPlay installed.

Has anyone tried one of these dongles just to make an existing CarPlay system wireless?

BT is a compressed dig signal that is inferior to a wired connection. The wired connection is apparent when listening to HIGH quality audio.The dongles work fine for low info signal like the phone. BUT if you a listening to high quality audio stick with the wired connection.

· Registered
6 Posts
BT is a compressed dig signal that is inferior to a wired connection. The wired connection is apparent when listening to HIGH quality audio.The dongles work fine for low info signal like the phone. BUT if you a listening to high quality audio stick with the wired connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.