Subaru BRZ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO idea what they are talking about but here is some footage of the BRZ being driven around a track.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I think this car could really use some better tires. Sure the stock tires are great for drifting but it is so easy to break them out. Because the tires don't grip that well it looks like at initial turn it there is a bit of understeer. With stickier tires and a stiffer chassis and suspension the car should handle much better for grip driving. I hope everyone takes this car seriously and also considers it for grip driving. Personally as fun as drifting looks I am much more into competitive grip/lapping driving then drifting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The great tires are just there for Drifting and the low rolling resistance,

I wonder what would happen if you stuck some R888 or even some Direzzas onto it how well the car will grip , i want to see what this car wil do a grip car, And compete with FWD grips cars like the DC2R or whatnot as well even then the FD2!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think this car could really use some better tires. Sure the stock tires are great for drifting but it is so easy to break them out. Because the tires don't grip that well it looks like at initial turn it there is a bit of understeer. With stickier tires and a stiffer chassis and suspension the car should handle much better for grip driving. I hope everyone takes this car seriously and also considers it for grip driving. Personally as fun as drifting looks I am much more into competitive grip/lapping driving then drifting.
The more I see of this car on the track and the drifting it is susceptible to, the more I am reconsidering. Well, that and the wasted space used up by the back seats.
But, I agree, it needs to stick in order to be a regular road driven vehicle. I don't expect a production car to be 100% ready to tackle the roads I can drive here and fully anticipate having to put on different tires for better stick, tighten up the suspension with items such as a strut tower brace, install urethane bushings, stiffer end links, stronger sway and anti sway bars, progressive rate springs, and maybe some stitch welding of the chassis in calculated locations, etc.

But, I'll test drive it first and then decide.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well also im sure most people who road race/auto cross turn off traction control as well... Well we'd all love run some R comps on it though and see how it goes!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The more I see of this car on the track and the drifting it is susceptible to, the more I am reconsidering. Well, that and the wasted space used up by the back seats.
But, I agree, it needs to stick in order to be a regular road driven vehicle. I don't expect a production car to be 100% ready to tackle the roads I can drive here and fully anticipate having to put on different tires for better stick, tighten up the suspension with items such as a strut tower brace, install urethane bushings, stiffer end links, stronger sway and anti sway bars, progressive rate springs, and maybe some stitch welding of the chassis in calculated locations, etc.

But, I'll test drive it first and then decide.
The tires have a big part of how the car breaks into oversteer. Like the guy above stated.. Put R compound tires on this car and I'd like to see a 200bhp car drift properly. It'll be hard. They used the same tires as the Toyota prius for crap sakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts