Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 BRZ I bought for my son. After 2 months of ownership we have unfortunately had catastrophic engine failure. I am looking for a little advice as to what to do? The dealer says they will be about 20K for a stock engine install with a new clutch. (car has about 65,000 miles on it) My son thinks this is our chance to go with a different motor, and I'm not opposed to that, but I dont really want to be down a path of different motor leads to a different tranny, different rears and a ton more money. And while I have ample access to an adequate shop, I am by no means a master at this level. It would be my first motor swap. I'll take any thoughts to point me in teh right direction. i am thinking I would love to put a better motor and clutch in it now, and maybe down the road do the Tramsmission and rears. I just can't go for all the money in one shot. any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
the engine in my 2014 BRZ just destroyed itself, I created another post for that. Anyway I ended up getting a new short block, used head, both heads milled and rebuilt. parts and labor came to $6200 including tax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts