Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking the Nameless system, but I just don't know if I can get by the looks? Perrin and Milltek look so much better, but really for the money. I can't decide.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I installed the Perrin catted headerback last weekend and I don't regret it one bit. I ordered it from FT86 Speedfactory for under 1500 shipped.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Is that with the resonator too? I was thinking of getting the same setup but maybe with no cat. Later I would find a catted uel header. Since I probably stay NA.

Yes with resonator, it sounds great but NO drone. As for the header, I will be doing a catless header so that's why I got the catted front pipe. IMO, cats on the header will not hold up due to high EGT's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just installed Flowmaster's 2,5" catback system and the sound is legendary. it's a classic flowmaster pitch with a throaty growl when you hit the gas. Stainless steel with chrome polished 4" tips. Paid about $500 for it and got 4 hawk performance pads for free. install of the exhaust cost $100. There simply isn't enough reason to justify spending $1500 on a catback exhaust when power gains are negligible between brands. Sound is subjective pay what you want, for what you want to hear, but don't pay more than you have to. After buying an over pipe and headers I'll have spent about $1400 but that's reasonable when you consider it's a full header back plus I've got new pads for at least 2 calipers when I start my next project of improving the stopping power.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Just installed Flowmaster's 2,5" catback system and the sound is legendary. it's a classic flowmaster pitch with a throaty growl when you hit the gas. Stainless steel with chrome polished 4" tips. Paid about $500 for it and got 4 hawk performance pads for free. install of the exhaust cost $100. There simply isn't enough reason to justify spending $1500 on a catback exhaust when power gains are negligible between brands. Sound is subjective pay what you want, for what you want to hear, but don't pay more than you have to. After buying an over pipe and headers I'll have spent about $1400 but that's reasonable when you consider it's a full header back plus I've got new pads for at least 2 calipers when I start my next project of improving the stopping power.

I spent <$1500 shipped for the full Perrin catted headerback with resonator and installed it myself. Also, if those pads are the Hawk HPS they aren't very good. I've ran them on other cars and they don't have enough bite and overheat way too easily. The other thing to consider is the cheaper exhausts typically use cheaper stainless or mild steel which will rust much faster than full 304 stainless (like Perrin or Nameless). For me, it's worth spending more for better materials and v-band connections.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Be advised, that is a fart cannon exhaust. My buddy that has an FRS just removed his because with his catless front pipe it was ridiculously loud and not in a good way.
The rest of the exhaust is stock Ive listened to quite a few videos on youtube with it and stock front pipe and it sounds fine compared to what im used to on my wrx with its twinscroll setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts