Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my BRZ in to get the oil changed last week and alerted the head mechanic about the engine noise (crickets) and transmission rattle I experience. He just gave me a call and told me that he has parts on order to fix the engine noise issue. He explained that it is related to a plunger. Looking forward to the fix. It doesn't affect performance but is annoying. Hopefully everyone else has or will be getting this fixed through their dealerships if they have it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Took mine in today..mechanic said parts will be here in five days..we'll see..crickets don't bother me that much..but I rather fix it..

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took mine in today..mechanic said parts will be here in five days..we'll see..crickets don't bother me that much..but I rather fix it..

Agreed. It bugs me only because it makes the car sound terrible, like ghetto squeaky belt bad :D
Here the TSB for the Cricket.... http://www.teknikrayon.net/docs/BRZ_fuelpumpTSB.pdf

Can somebody shared some videos those experience cricket sounds and those don't experience cricket sound in their BRZ? :confused:
I might put something up, sounds like a squeaky belt though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi Guys,

Kindly checked and verified if this video of my BRZ engine was the Cricket sound indicated in the TSB. Because this is my first Subaru Car and I don't have any idea what was the sound of the engine when their was no problem. The first day I acquired my BRZ, it's already sound like this and I thought this is the normal sound of the BRZ engine. :confused:

My VIN# was included in the range indicated in the TSB... :(

RL_BRZ

·
Registered
169 Posts
Try different brands of fuel. I've used Shell, never a chirp. Someone was claiming that Chevron is good at getting rid of chirps.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see anyone posting what happened after taking it in... I just went today and have the parts on order - will share the results when it gets fixed sometime next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see anyone posting what happened after taking it in... I just went today and have the parts on order - will share the results when it gets fixed sometime next week.
I can confirm that the replacement fuel pump fixes this problem 100%. Had to wait 2 weeks for it to come in, but it's all fixed now. Don't suffer guys - just go get it replaced, easy fix.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had mine supposedly fixed but I can hear those crickets again..doesn't bother me to much..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine just wrapped up replacement number 2. The mechanic told me that his tech line informed him that the pump was redesigned! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Parts ordered, as well as the tools to perform the fix.

I hope I am getting the redesigned pump, won't be happy having the same thing replaced multiple times.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So far so good, but usually it takes just about two week to re-appear but that that was prior to my commute going from 8 to 84 (lost carpool).

·
Registered
326 Posts
what is the new part number for the new fuel pump designed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told Subaru is working on a redesign last week and never heard back from them. car only has 500miles and have the crickets... plus my car vin did not fall in the effected batch but i still have the problem. It seems to me that the crickets get louder and more noticeable once the car is warmed up

1 - 20 of 86 Posts