Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a black residue on their windows coming from the foam that presses up against the driver and passenger windows? Seems like this stuff is just slowly disintegrating, and I have to constantly wash my windows on the inside. I'm at 22k miles, and this is garage kept... so it only sees the Maryland sun when I'm at work.

Thoughts? Haven't seen any other posts about this yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I haven't quite got disintegrating but my window is starting to grab the rubber/foam and twist it upwards in a couple of locations. I have to keep the inside of the window highly polished, plus I use a silicone polish on the rubber.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TSB Fix

There's a TSB now. I actually found it on the FR-S site, and then it was added to Subaru's as well. Parts 63521CA000, 63521CA010 (WSTR ROOF SD RH and LH, and 63531CA001 and 63531CA011 (RETAINER AND MOLDING AY R and L) were replaced under warranty. Weatherstrip and channel.

My window also started squealing and it turns out that the Stabilizer Assembly (Subaru part Stabilizer Assembly Out Product ID: 61256CA000) also wore down.

Basically metal on glass, rather than felt/fuzz on glass. Now I've got streaks in my driver side window... I thought the squealing was coming from inside the door. I took it apart, greased things up... turns out I was wrong. I noticed a faint streak on my glass one day, and it's etched for sure. Subaru won't warranty the glass, but they did replace the TSB stuff as I mentioned above. The new ones don't leave crap on my windows any more and it doesn't squeal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts