Subaru BRZ Forum banner

FR-S Keys! Too bad no laser cut keys!

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  NERO 
#1 ·

Here are the FR-S Keys, too bad they are standard Toyota keys and not the cool new laser cut keys!

Also it would be great of the key had a switch blade but they're just plain old Toyota Keys...

I wnder if this will be the same for Subaru using the same Stock keys!?

See less See more
#2 ·
I was hoping for the switchblade type key, looks like that's not happening!
The FR-S keys look really simple, not that it's a problem but I will look into getting this made into a switch blade key.

I think the BRZ is coming with a push start button, I hope our keys look better.

#8 ·
If the BRZ doesn't have it, I won't know what to say. It's little things like a push start and so on that make the difference and helps as selling points. Push start technology has been around for nearly 10 years, by now it should be standard.

I like you were able to get the pics of the red frs and it's keys. However I think you must be a scion employee to be able to spend soo much time doing so. Good cover story though, I hope your superiors bought it and you still have a job. What were you doing at the scion dealership HQ anyhow?
I doubt he's a scion employee otherwise we would have a ton more information ;) even if he is, he knows what he's doing might be wrong, good for us! we get inside information

Well i dont thikn breeze is a scion employee, if he was good luck to him and his job!

thought Scion Canada did post the pictures up through their official website on facebook . Though i hope the BRZ has push to start, it make it wayy easier and better im getting tired of keys jabbing into my leg at times.
x2 on push start

#5 ·
I like you were able to get the pics of the red frs and it's keys. However I think you must be a scion employee to be able to spend soo much time doing so. Good cover story though, I hope your superiors bought it and you still have a job. What were you doing at the scion dealership HQ anyhow?

#6 ·
Well i dont thikn breeze is a scion employee, if he was good luck to him and his job!

thought Scion Canada did post the pictures up through their official website on facebook . Though i hope the BRZ has push to start, it make it wayy easier and better im getting tired of keys jabbing into my leg at times.

#10 ·
Where did anyone come up with a switch blade key for the Scion FRS? They have never made a key like that. That being the case, they are trying to keep the cost of the FRS down, it's price point is supposed to lower than that of the BRZ. The only push button start available on an STI is the JDM versions. Subaru's website indicates that keyless entry and start will be available onthe BRZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.