Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

Glad to say I will be joining all you BRZ owners tomorrow when I get out of work. I got a killer deal on a silver 2014 Brz limited. I owned an '07 2.5i impreza with a 5sp mt which despite not being a wrx was still a great car but it has a handful of issues from being in a flash flood. I have been a member of NASIOC for a few years and now I am joining this community.

I did get the extended warranty and the factory maintenance plan with the BRZ so my first few years will be hassle free. I will be keeping the car stock for a year or two but plan on adding some power and bigger wheels down the line. For now I will be reading and learning.

My name is Nick and I cannot wait to drive my car of the showroom floor! Just wanted to say hello. I'll be back with a few pictures. Car may be stock but I bet it will look sexy with the Golden gate behind it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Remember to keep the rpms under 4000 and vary speeds for the first 1000 miles. Might blow up the car if you don't. Those modern engines are tricky like that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Prepare for plenty of asphalt FUN.

Oh, since you're coming from an MT I'm assuming that this is the same ...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Remember to keep the rpms under 4000 and vary speeds for the first 1000 miles. Might blow up the car if you don't. Those modern engines are tricky like that.
Tongue firmly in cheek Ragnar???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've been reading way too much about the engine break in. What sucks for me is that my morning commute is 40 miles of highway. Looks like I will be doing 2k to 4k and varying as much as I can. Read a post about using the cruise control in a gear were 4k is a good speed for the high way, then hit cancel and slowly decelerate to 2k. Then click it back on a few minutes later and slowly go back up to 4k. Good thing I drive at 4 am when no one is on the road yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and Yes Cool Breeze. It is a manual. I wish Subaru would pull a move like ford did with their ST models. Manual only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts