Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't worry too much about it. It will increase after a while. Even I got quite less mpg (~22) for first couple of tanks. Now I'm getting ~24 in 100% city driving and ~31 on highways. :)
Although I must add, it highly depends on your driving style, terrain and traffic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am at 25.5 since purchase...1250 miles, broke it in properly, but now am regularly having fun with it. I have made 3 hwy trips of about 150 miles, so mostly town miles.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I've averaged over 29mpg with mine in the first 1200 miles, and I haven't ran cruise once. This is with a mix of city and highway. I'm very surprised honestly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine is doing around 30.6. I drive 14 miles one way to work on a combination of highway and city streets. Very impressed so far, given that my WRX never saw the other side of 27 in its life.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn. Maybe I have a lead foot?

I'm driving an AT, but use the manual shifter a lot (my first car was a manual)

I was unaware of the break in period for the first 200 miles, but have taken it easy since then (now at 700miles)

Everything seems fine, maybe the MPG will improve once the engine settles in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is MT...when driving a manual I naturally let it rev more than when I drive AT...but it seems you guys are getting worse mileage.

My 25ish is also letting it run when taking the kids into daycare since its winter and the daycare is 2 min from my house (want it to heat up properly)...so that is idling for 10min a morning just burning fuel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Same....8 L/100km or 29 mpg with a HEAVY foot. If I take it easy than 33 mpg no problem...also MT. I think the break in has a lot to do with its mileage. Don't worry about babying it too much (don't be afraid to put your foot into it), just don't redline it when cold, or when under the 1000 mile/1600 km break in. Also search the threads for break in advice other than what the manual states. Enjoy though!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would take all these numbers with a grain of salt. Also, for the AT people - it seems most of you still haven't broken in the vehicle yet. I would expect your numbers to greatly increase as you put the miles on the car.

There are so many factors that determine gas mpg that it's hard to really compare. Sea level, type of gas, how hard you drive, engine wear, road conditions, weather, etc etc. Give it a few months to really see where your numbers are. Mine is around 25 avg mpg according to the computer but it was lower when I was breaking the vehicle in. MT

·
Registered
206 Posts
Averaging between 32 and 33 MPG per tank with less than 900 miles on my BRZ. But I have access to 93 octane without ethanol.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I drove over 280 miles today; just reaching 930 total.
Much of the driving was at high speed on back road twisties, with a bit on the freeway @ 75 mph for the final few miles.
I filled up at the same pump in the morning and again this evening ... 31.2 mpg.
I'm impressed; as I pushed well past the 4k break-in threshold several times.
I should pass the thousand mile mark soon. We'll see what happens when I raise my shift point on a regular basis ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts