Subaru BRZ Forum banner
8K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Ogleberry 
#1 ·
hi all,

im a current subaru owner, i have a liberty ( legacy) MY06 GT STI, with a few mods. ive had it since new and due for a new car soon, ill be in the US in a week and look forward to taking a BRZ on a test drive.

there not released here yet, we have to wait a few more months, ill more than likely go for a white one and mod it straight away.

looking forward to learning from you guys, and drooling over your cars.

norm

#3 ·
Welcome! Australia has a long track record of car enthusiasts, and you all had access to many cool cars that we could not get here in the USA. Let us know how you plan to modify, as it would be cool to compare notes with someone living in the southern hemisphere... Nice to meet you!

#4 ·
thanks for the welcome guys, i like to go on the track a fair bit , my current car it set up for the track as well as being my daily drive, i plan to add a turbo , probably a garret 28/71.coil overs and exhaust.

i cant wait, ive read so many good reviews i just need to sit in it and feel it then ill buy.

norm

#6 ·
Hey guys. I'm from Adelaide, placed a deposit and cant wait for it to arrive. Dealership is talking early July, but can't give me the final list of options being imported. They say that they Subaru Australia are only importing one spec with the only option being leather or cloth seats. I hope to be looking at a shiny Limited spec with leather and full options when they call me up.
Nice to see and hear how things are going down in the US.

#7 ·
Hi I'm in Sydney ordered my white brz end of feb,dealer told me last week it would arrive end of July.He said he was sat in one last week in a Subaru compound in Sydney,he reckons it had leather seats and sat nav and push button start sounds like the limited.He also said there is a model with cloth seats as well,still don't know the pricei reckon it will be around $42k for the ltd sand $39k for premium if there is two models I have just sold my 2009 WRX sedan so I am waiting impatiently

#10 ·
Hi Ogleberry I am only going by suburu and toyotas small press releases stating they would like to keep it under the price of the WRX.Toyota want to keep their ft86 base model the same as the golf gti base which is $38000 so I am hoping the brz is around the $42000 mark.It does sound good to get one for the $25000 like in the US but the US wages are only half the Australian average making them similar prices,car manufacturers call australia treasure island we now no why cheers

#16 ·
Hi flat-box Subaru Australia have stopped taking pre orders for now because they have sold their allocation only 250 or so for this year,I ordered mine in feb still don't know the price most likely between $39000 and $43000 more for the auto box.I ordered white manual limited at least I think it's limited every country has a different spec name,I should have mine end of July and know the price next week I'll let you know

#18 ·
Hi Ogleberry according to the dealer it has the spoiler and sat nav the leather had the leather with suade inserts he reckons there is only one model coming here the premium or limited whatever it's called,the toyota version ft86 is released this Monday the 3rd June pricing released also at 10 o'clock this should give us some idea of the BRZ price you can find out on the website (gt86.com.au) it's not a bad website but you may have used it already cheers

#20 ·
Hi Ogleberry just got a call from Toyota there version price for the ft86 gt is (can't believe this)$33990 drive away the GTS version which is top of the range is $39490 drive away with the first 4 services capped at $170 each service.Subaru rang me said they should have pricing very soon I think they have only one model so it should be just under $40000 drive away after all is said and done they are exact same car ,dealer said mine is the only car they were allowed to order at the moment he has deposiitsworth $20000 but as not yet had the go ahead the ok to order from Subaru yet,you have yours ordered haven't you I'll let you know any updates but it is on the gt86 website

#21 ·
Hey Mrpom, thanks again for the update. I just called my dealer, again he doesn't know anything... this seems to be the only thing he does know. Their continuous lack of information is making me quite disheartened with this process. He is going to talk to his sales manager and see if he can find ‘anything’ out…. Not holding my breath.
Maybe I could get used to the Toyota badge.... :mad:

#22 ·
Hi Ogleberry have you heard any news yet about your individual car number ,you should have got a email from head office with order and car number.Contact Subaru Australia and ask them for your order details good luck,ps the email I received was signed by the Australian manager it also said we will get pricing,specs etc this month

#23 ·
Hey Mrpom, no i have not heard anything from head office. I did however receive an email from my dealer yesterday with an update.
He says;
Apparently press briefings are scheduled on the 13th of July preceding an on-sale date of the 16th of July and dealer meetings on the 11th and 12th.
A memo does mention that "pricing is yet to be confirmed but we can tell you we will have a very different - and very competitive story to tell."
Demo's will become available from the week commencing 9th of July.

Hopefully they will be very competitive, but it sounds like they are running at least a month behind Toyota.

#27 ·
Glad to have you here! I spend 7 months in Aussieland and LOVED every minute of it! I'm glad that you guys will see the BRZ there soon. I am a dealer in a town of 75,000 people and we were only allocated 2 for the whole year! I sold one of them 4 hours after it came in and I'm buying the next one that arrives this week - a 2013 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech (Limited) in World Rally blue with a 6 speed. I'm used to much more horsepower (I have owned WRX's and modded STI's with 450HP) but I will tell you this: this car is more fun to drive with less than half the horsepower! It's soooo much fun! What's the price down there if you don't mind telling me? I know you guys pay more for cars, so I'm going to guess $38,000 Australian?

#28 ·
Hey Subaru Shane,

Subaru Australia has not officially released the price. Will probably have to wait another 3 weeks before we know. All we know is that they will have to be competitive as Toyota have priced their top spec model to be around AU$40,000 drive away. The waiting is quite frustrating, but all good things come to those who wait!

#29 ·
Hi Ogleberry thanks for the pics my wife looked at the ft86 today in penrith she is not a car fan but I asked her what was it like she said bloody lovely.She saw a white and a met grey.I am a young 58 and still get excited about cars some say is am to old but I reckon the older you get the better taste you aquire guess I'll just have to wait for July 31st

#30 ·
Hey Mrpom. So I questioned my lack of correspondence from Subaru Australia regarding my order with my Dealer and asked if their ordering process was different to the other Aust dealerships as many people on the forum advise they have been given a car number and delivery date, yet I have had no info.. My dealer has advised that they have only been allocated 2 cars in the 'first batch' and my deposit was number 3 on the list for them. So I guess that I will miss the first months delivery which is supposed to be 30 per month for the whole of Australia (which seems ridiculous in itself).

Quite disappointed that I have to squeeze every bit of information out of them again. They would have known this info weeks ago, but didn't offer it up.

So I'm guessing the earliest I could be receiving mine would be the end of August?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.