Subaru BRZ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 BRZ Limited 6 speed and have loved the car minus the crickets and an issue I've had with a transmission whine.
After discussion with Subaru and because they could not fix the tranny whine they are offering to replace my 2013 with a 2015 ( same car)- KUDOS to Subaru for showing the love. I can also go to a WRX and have decided to go that route for practicality.
Just wondering if anyone has gone from the BRZ to a WRX for their daily driver and what their impressions are. I'm swapping out from the BRZ to the WRX mainly for utilitarian reasons
and wanted to know if anyone out there can relay their experience. I test drove the WRX, it handles great and its gobs faster than the BRZ and having that power is something Ive always wanted with the BRZ but I did not want to add a turbo. It isn't as precise as the BRZ in turns but damn close- and I can fit my kids in the back.
Anyone?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Everything will be different. I could easily see myself buying one of each.

Awd v RWD. Turbo v non-turbo. Four door sedan feel v sports Coupe.

Bottom line? Both Subaru's are excellent cars and drive exceptionally well.

Bonus? The WRX will run circles around the BRZ. Really.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed and the swap has been made- I now own an ICE Silver WRX.Its a different feeling but a good one having the acceleration underfoot in the WRX.
Of course I havent pushed it over 4000 rpm yet and only have 100 miles on the new WRX.
Updates to come....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to have a 2012 STi... and my buddy has a 2015 WRX. The new WRX is a fantastic car. He and I spent a day together running around doing random errands and during that time we swapped cars.

My only complaint is that I found it impossible to find my "ideal" seating position in the new WRX. I typically like to sit low with the steering wheel low. And in the WRX I just couldn't find the right height. Its almost as if the entire seat is mounted really high. I highly recommend a test drive and focus on finding that right seating position. Its something that will bother you for the entire time you own the car.

As for the rest of the car, its brilliant. The power delivery is so smooth because of the twin scroll. The speed just creeps up on you (unlike the old WRX's where there was a sudden burst of speed after the turbo lag). The new WRX is smooth and very quick. Gear box is awesome and the interior and amenities is a huge upgrade from the previous generation.

Seriously, great car. Except for that damn seating position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have picked up a 2013 BRZ when they first came out & my girlfriend now has the 2015 WRX. BOTH are awesome, but slightly different. I think the biggest difference is cockpit feel/ ride height. I love the feel of BRZ, but it's low for a daily driver. WRX sits up and probably more practical for a daily. But, her's is now the grocery getter
The garage pict is tight :)
iphone download 1-7-15 937.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have both as well, 2015 WRX for work/daily driver, especially in the winter, and BRZ for fun. I appreciate the WRX more in the winter, now that it is finally getting warmer I prefer driving the BRZ. Personally, I think the difference in power is meaningless unless you are on the track. The limits of both these cars is so high that you will end up in jail trying to explore the limits. I think it is more important to consider how that power is delivered. At first it was a lot of fun it was fun to got on the boost with the WRX, but in every day driving I prefer the more linear response of the BRZ. I guess I prefer naturally aspirated engines having never had a turbo engine until now. As far as utility, the WRX wins hands down because of the backseat and four doors. But, if you are going out of town with one additional person, I prefer the BRZ on the highway as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts